dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to elwoodblues

Re: Can you beleive "The OPP cannot find 200 vehicles liste

said by elwoodblues:

No, the reason was he cut taxes with money he didn't have and had to borrow it In order to show some semblance of progress against the deficit, he started having fire sales, and dumping assets.

keep living in your dream world elwood...it is a known fact...the Liberals balanced the budget by dumping costs onto the provinces...Harris could have run a deficit and racked up debt like McGuinty did, be he refused to, and even enacted a law forcing Premiers to balance the budgets...i suppose you could say Harris was a victim of his own "law"...McGuinty ditched the law shortly after taking office and the rest is history...we are in FAR worse shape now than we were 10 years ago and to say otherwise is simply foolish.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Actually, the Liberals balanced the budget by raising CPP rates and include EI and CPP into general revenue, thus balance the books. I have doubts that they ever even had a balanced budget if you minus the payroll taxes.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

said by dirtyjeffer:

keep living in your dream world elwood...it is a known fact...the Liberals balanced the budget by dumping costs onto the provinces...

Who cares? At the end of the day it's all coming out of the same pocket: yours and mine. We still send the same amount of taxes to Ottawa, Toronto and our municipality. It's just the proportions that changed.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

its the OPP, why am i not surprised?