share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Mele20

Re: [Opera] Opera 12.11 can't bookmark

It turned out to be HUNDREDS of folder names and bookmarks within the folders...all too long.

The long names are fine in Fx. Opera should NOT have automatically imported Fx bookmarks. I don't want Opera bookmarks in Fx or Fx bookmarks in Opera.

How do I prevent Opera from doing this again?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit

said by Mele20:

It turned out to be HUNDREDS of folder names and bookmarks within the folders...all too long.

The long names are fine in Fx. Opera should NOT have automatically imported Fx bookmarks. I don't want Opera bookmarks in Fx or Fx bookmarks in Opera.

You might try reading through this thread in the Opera forums: Opera accessing files without user consent. It seems you're not alone, but as to the reasons and your options, you'll have to read that thread... it's apparently not simple, depending on how your system (and Firefox and Opera) are set up to retrieve and store bookmarks.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

HPC

@comcast.net
reply to Mele20

said by Mele20:

Can you still use the solution you used back in 2010 on this version?
»[Opera] Bookmarks Problem!