uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to djrobx

Re: Sports need to be treated like movies

well what about a sports basic pack??

Or a pack with all the main sports channels + your local RSN + TNT/TBS + Trutv + Fx + and other main cable channels or at least the ones that show sports a good deal of the time.

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

Why do people who don't like sports even subscribe to cable? Can't you get 90% of that content on a mish mash of cheaper subscriptions through Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon on demand? Who cares if you are 1 season behind if you save hundreds, if not thousands per yer?

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

This is the very reason sports channels need to be put in there own package.

itguy05

join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA
reply to lakerfan82

said by lakerfan82:

Why do people who don't like sports even subscribe to cable? Can't you get 90% of that content on a mish mash of cheaper subscriptions through Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon on demand? Who cares if you are 1 season behind if you save hundreds, if not thousands per yer?

Lot easier to pay Verizon 1 bill for all my entertainment than a little to Netflix, little to Hulu, and Amazon. And I've got a Free DVR for life from Verizon so I can record in HD, skip commercials and be done with it.

And I'd not want to be 1 season behind when talking with friends about the stuff we watch.

I say put all sports on a package and let them (sports fans) pay for it. If some teams and leagues fold, so be it....

lakerfan82

join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

I guess we are subsidizing eachother then, so its six of one, half a dozen of another... I pay for 100s of channels I don't want just to get the 10 or so sports channels I want. If I could get my local teams online I would happily do that and drop my cable package. I agree that putting them all in their own little bundles would be great as long as I'm not forced to pay for Disney channel, MTV, and the 100s of other channels full of garbage I don't want. A la carte is clearly the answer but the least watched channels will be the ones that go under, not the sports channels. There is a reason ESPN can charge $4/month.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by lakerfan82:

I guess we are subsidizing eachother then, so its six of one, half a dozen of another... I pay for 100s of channels I don't want just to get the 10 or so sports channels I want. If I could get my local teams online I would happily do that and drop my cable package. I agree that putting them all in their own little bundles would be great as long as I'm not forced to pay for Disney channel, MTV, and the 100s of other channels full of garbage I don't want. A la carte is clearly the answer but the least watched channels will be the ones that go under, not the sports channels. There is a reason ESPN can charge $4/month.

Because Disney forces ESPN on everyone.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to lakerfan82

No, you can't, especially not news-related stuff. I discovered this when I was trying to stream coverage from the Connecticut shooting on my PC while my daughter was watching cartoons on TV this weekend. The good news streams seem to be locked behind the cable login paywall now, so I had to dig out my login info.

The Weather Channel stuff that I watch is usually live coverage of breaking weather which may or may not be covered on live streams.

Sometimes I just like to channel surf, too, and find random stuff.

I don't recall someone passing a law that said cable TV exists only for sports fans.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...