Lard

THZNDUP to not

Premium Member

to not

Re: [Rant] ownyourmodem.com

said by not :

said by jlivingood:

Hopefully folks will have better luck with »mynewmodem.comcast.net

Why should we give Comcast more money when we can find the same NEW modems at other reputable places online. Anyone going to eBay to buy stuff deserves what they get for being too cheap to just buy a new $70 or $90 modem. I'm sorry, and I'm all for saving some money, but if that's too much for you, then your monthly Internet bill will probably be too much for you too.

Other reputable places online?

Such as....ummmmm....Amazon?

That's where the link ends up.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by THZNDUP:

said by not :

said by jlivingood:

Hopefully folks will have better luck with »mynewmodem.comcast.net

Why should we give Comcast more money when we can find the same NEW modems at other reputable places online. Anyone going to eBay to buy stuff deserves what they get for being too cheap to just buy a new $70 or $90 modem. I'm sorry, and I'm all for saving some money, but if that's too much for you, then your monthly Internet bill will probably be too much for you too.

Other reputable places online?

Such as....ummmmm....Amazon?

That's where the link ends up.

apparently the anon poster also didn't do his / her homework and or do research...

just blatantly coming up with his own conclusion...

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

mynewmodem.com, ownyourmodem.com, Comcast.net, EBay.com, close enough for the interwebs.........

I'd trust Amazon to weed out poor vendors before I would EBay. As well as handling any seller 'problems' better.

Even from 'Bargain Equipment', who's Comcast/Amazon listing, BTW, does reflect their J model Zoom as being 'New' not 'in new condition' as ownyourmodem does.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

said by THZNDUP:

mynewmodem.com, ownyourmodem.com, Comcast.net, EBay.com, close enough for the interwebs.........

I'd trust Amazon to weed out poor vendors before I would EBay. As well as handling any seller 'problems' better.

Even from 'Bargain Equipment', who's Comcast/Amazon listing, BTW, does reflect their J model Zoom as being 'New' not 'in new condition' as ownyourmodem does.

Personal story: I had purchased 3 new iPad 4s through Amazon last month. One from 1 vendor & 2 from another. The vendor selling me the "1" came through and all was well. The other vendor didn't ship. After a few emails with no replies, I contacted Amazon CS. Since my emails were all logged through Amazon, the rep could clearly see there was no communication from the seller. The rep told me to give him 3 days to see if the seller would respond to their communication. If the seller did not contact them to provide shipping info. etc., Amazon would cancel the order & reverse the "pre-authorization" on my funds. Amazon's communication was top notch. I was contacted and told my order was cancelled and should see the pre-authorization come off within 24 hrs. Awesome resolution in a total of a week.