how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DaMonster

join:2011-05-19
Tucson, AZ
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: For DSi: top 20 games for 14 year old overseas?

A 14 year old should pretty much be able to play anything so im just going to list a few and hope that some or any of these help you out.

Legos makes Batman, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, hairy potter and a few indi titles like lego battle. Plants vs Zombies is an addicting fun defense game. Scribblenauts, Kirby games, Mario Kart, Harvest Moon, Call of duty black ops, the grand theft auto was really good (if you dont mind him playing that), any of the zeldas are awesome on this system, Touchmaster make a bunch of electronic pub style games that are good time killers, any puzzle games like angry birds/zumas revenge/bejeweled, the professor layton series are really well done, contact was a great game, the world ends with you, 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors, radiant historia oh and the final fantasy tactics is a really long game (think i burned about 40 hours on mine easy).

The gameboy has a huge game list and many of the classics are available for download since he has the DualScreenInternet. If he has a genre preference that would help just because there is such a huge selection available. I hope this helps a bit.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
Fantastic, thanks to you too! I didn't know about Harvest Moon, I'll check that out.

You know, I went into a Game Stop (or something, some sort of gamer store) the other day. The store was empty except for a man and woman and one employee. The employee was running his mouth about this game and that, and totally ignored me when I came in and for the 15 minutes I was in there, instead just yapping away about particulars in this game and that game.

He didn't acknowledge me when I walked in, he didn't say anything when I left. Not a very good job done there. I would have bought something had he at least said hello and acknowledged I was there. After all, he was just yammering about games, not closing sales and didn't have a line of customers.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
The chain nature means they all have to follow the same stupid policies, such as pushing their rewards card or encouraging trade-ins and preorders.

That said, each one seems to be vastly different from another. I've personally experienced some stores that would be willing to order something in from another store that was far enough away to make shipping from store to store a viable option, while others can't even be arsed to look up stuff for me.

But it is a lot of these policies that grind my gears regarding Gamestop in general. I pretty much only go in there if I have to.
--
Because, f*ck Sony

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to signmeuptoo
That Gamestop experience actually would be preferable to me compared to some of the overzealous and pushy experiences I've had in the past. Often when I'm shopping I just want to be left alone - if I have a question, I'll seek assistance. The last time I was at one, I said I was just browsing but the guy asked me several more times whether I needed help.

Did you approach him and ask questions and get ignored? That would be a bigger problem. But perhaps the guy had dealt with a lot of customers that did that didn't want to be bothered and so was taking a more low-key approach. Or perhaps, given that it's the holiday season, they're a bit burned out.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
dana, the thing is, well, I'm 54 and I've worked retail on and off for much of my life, even been a manager. There are some general rules to retail customer wait staff:

1. Always greet the customer.

2. Always acknowledge them, that they are there, even if it is just a wave or nod.

3. If in the middle of a conversation or sales effort, just tell the persons you are talking to "just a sec", let the other cutomer know you will get to them, and continue on.

4. Customers just browsing communicate that with body language, and those that want some attention communicate that with body language too. Sales staff is responsible for interpreting such things.

5. Always acknowledge a customer going out the door!

And yes, pestering customers is a no no, and district managers that pressure sales staff to do that are going against the wishes of higher management but catching hell because sales are off.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
Rereading your post before that, you're right. You should have at least been acknowledged. Did the other people in the store seem like customers or did it seem like he was just chatting games with some friends who'd happened to wander in? I knew the former manager at a Gamestop here pretty well for a few years and even when we'd go in to shoot the breeze he had no qualms about blowing us off to see to customers.

I felt bad for the employees at the one I was at a few months ago. The register kept crashing when I was trying to buy an EA Game Card and it would take 10-15 minutes to restart it every time. They finally ended up knocking $5 off the price of my card for the inconvenience.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
They might have been customers, but the sales guy was just bloviating, trying to show his gaming wares. It sounded like he was saying "man, see how much I know, I am so leet!"