share rss forum feed

bbbc

join:2001-10-02
NorthAmerica
kudos:2
Reviews:
·FreedomPop
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

The only thing I ponder is whether rolling over (not knocking you Marc) will open a can of worms for never-ending future requests. Seems like you'll have to have an employee(s) dedicated to this BS.

Isn't there a fee associated with each IP request? I've been confused about the whole $40 to $200 thing.

--
Consumerist.com | Consumers Union

w2goTSI

@teksavvy.com
Pretty weak. And now in another post you were considering increasing log retention time to 6 months? If you are not going to stand up for your customers at least low your log retention to something like 3 weeks.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by w2goTSI :

Pretty weak. And now in another post you were considering increasing log retention time to 6 months? If you are not going to stand up for your customers at least low your log retention to something like 3 weeks.

I think the part that gets me is this.

Early days were Rocky = CEO.

1. Lots of fighting, lawsuits, CRTC filings, marching in ottawa for our rights.
2. Silence, what the hell happened
3. Marc is announced CEO
4. Though Marc had a pile of poop thrown at him during the title switch when cable landed in his lap, the "fight" that Teksavvy is so well known for goes away.

A lot changed during the switch of CEO. Marc i think does a lot more then his brother since he has piles of crap to deal with but why does the aspect of the "big fight" go away now?

I'm no saying to facilite in helping piracy but c'mon.

In another thread someone comments on how it's ridiculous that privacy is the reasoning behind it why people are up in arms.

How is it ridiculous? Do you know how many people are WRONGFULLY accused and now must seek legal representation and mounts of legal bills knowing your ISP doesn't even try to challenge a court order?

This fight is no different, you fought for better rates, better bandwidth allowance, UBB to be squashed, all for what? Now that was fought for, the privacy of several people who truly are ignorantly innocent will now go through possible bankruptcy to fight these trolls.

These guys are frauds because they try with a "Pay up or else" scheme. For this very reason you should be fighting for your customers. If fighting is not best financially for TSI, consider lowering retention on logging. EU does a great job of this and so does an isp in the US now keeping only 14 days worth of logs, and they manage just fine.

In fact an influx of users came once that was announced.

Not everything is about piracy, it's sometimes about what's right. I am not one of those affected, i knew i wouldn't be, but i do know someone that is and this someone has no clue what a torrent is and this user barely knows how to use their email let alone download these dumb ass movies they are talking about.

I'm shocked to say the least. I appreciate the transparency big time, but i'd be lying if i said i wasn't surprised at the we'll block the doors for you for a couple of days, quick go get representation.