join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to marksss

Premium Member

to marksss

Re: Recevied a phone call about a deal from Comcast seems fishy

said by marksss :

What are your thoughts?

You made a smart move, asking around/checking it out, before jumping at a suspious, unsolicited over the phone offer.

Even though many here have said it MAY be a legit offer, the penalty for being wrong and giving your account info to a scammer MAY be very high.
So if you have any misgivings, just hang up and report it to comcast security (who can probably find out if it's a real offer, an overzealous sales rep, or an outright scam (the "today only" would have me running away)

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Don't know how it is to deal with "Comcast-Deals.info," but just came across this press release from them:

Comcast-Deals.info Offering Free Router and Modem for a Limited Time
Homes signing up for new service can receive both products for free

Los Angeles, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/20/2012 -- Comcast-Deals.info has officially announced a new limited time offer, adding a free router and modem to the already low package new customers are eligible for. After paying full price for them initially, a person is reimbursed through a mail-in rebate offer right away.

Finding Comcast cable deals can sometimes be difficult. One of the issues is that many people want to bundle Comcast high speed internet service (»www.comcast-deals.info/h ··· nternet/) with cable and also possibly home phone service. Currently, customers can get just that for $99 a month for the first 12 months. This deal does not prevent a customer from also taking advantage of the router and modem deal as well.

The deal includes digital television, digitial voice and highspeedinternet, but it also includes an instant $200 in ClubSaveology Rewards with the order. This can help customers save even more money in the long run as they redeem those rewards for more deals.

To learn more about the current free router and modem deal, visit »www.comcast-deals.info.

About Comcast-Deals.info
Comcast Deals strives to bring the best promotions and specials currently available through the company. As an authorized dealer, the website can bring unique discounts that other dealers simply are unable to provide. All promo codes, mail-in rebates and more are thoroughly explained in the details located on the website. From bundles to individual services, everything is covered on the website.

Media Relations Contact: Abe Cohen
Source: Comcast-Deals.info
Posted Thursday, December 20, 2012 at 11:30 AM CST

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

I do remember a comcastdeals, a .com, I think. not sure if that the same as Comcast-Deals.info which seems to have almost every combo of the words ONLINE COMCAST and DEALS redirecting to their site
As always I would call ComCast to verify that they are an authorized reseller as they claim and see if ComCast would directly offer a similar value (maybe a longer lower price and I buy my own router/modem, if I don't already have one)
Remember ComCast is not responsible for rebates, etc. not honored by resellers, and to read ALL the terms, as resellers count on many not filing for/not filing correctly for rebates which can make it much more expensive then a direct deal.
Buyer beware!