spc
uniqs

scottymead
join:2007-07-29
Post Falls, ID

scottymead to monicakm

to monicakm

Re: Gen4/Changes Coming After Jan 1

The name "HughesNet" will be dumped... Dish Network owns HughesNet now.. Its called DishNet, I just had a whole new dish installed on Thursday »www.flickr.com/photos/pf ··· 2813093/

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

From Wikipedia:

On February 14, 2011, EchoStar announced that it would acquire Hughes Communications in a deal valued at US$1.3 billion
JSheridan
join:2006-07-03
USA

JSheridan to scottymead

to scottymead
said by scottymead:

The name "HughesNet" will be dumped... Dish Network owns HughesNet now.. Its called DishNet, I just had a whole new dish installed on Thursday »www.flickr.com/photos/pf ··· 2813093/

That has got to be the worst satellite internet installation I have ever seen, and that's saying something.
pablo1516
join:2012-11-21
Malden, WA

pablo1516 to scottymead

to scottymead
who did your install?.......yikes!

schmeck
@tds.net

schmeck to scottymead

Anon

to scottymead
Really? Take a good look at where those dishes are pointed ? your in Idaho right ? west arc for dish tv? echostar 17 is @107.west arc for dish is 119. something fishy here, even if you were on dish tv's east arc the dish's aiming paths would be crossed? anyway you look at this pic it makes no sense!
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to scottymead

to scottymead
holy sheit! what dat fuq kinda professional install is that?!? 5 gallon bucket with dirt in it?? the reflector must be made out of plastic with a metallic paint on it for signal reflection. Concrete with a little dirt ontop of it, or is it dupleted uranium mixed with concrete. That would then weight about 150lbs or so..

Isn't DishNet using ViaSat-1 as well for service? The Exede dishes are round and the Hughesnet HNG4 are oval. The TRIA looks like HNG4, but hell it could be used for a ViaSat-1 connection as well I suppose.

schmeck
join:2012-12-16
Auburndale, WI

schmeck to schmeck

to schmeck
wait a minute, are you on gen4 5mg plan? you could be pointed @ spaceway 95 deg that would explain it. you must be one of the first to be rolled out on this configuration. please post more info from your www.systemcontrolcenter.com or 192.168.0.1
schmeck

schmeck to TexasRebel

to TexasRebel
yes the current gen4 dishes are oval prodelien dishes but hughes put in a large order for raven dishes a while back they use both vendors, there is some definate confusion here as well on the tria,i believe my previous post could be correct about the gen4 maybe pointed @ spaceway for the 5mg plans in the rocky mtn. central region?

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by schmeck:

yes the current gen4 dishes are oval prodelien dishes but hughes put in a large order for raven dishes a while back they use both vendors, there is some definate confusion here as well on the tria,i believe my previous post could be correct about the gen4 maybe pointed @ spaceway for the 5mg plans in the rocky mtn. central region?

You are mudding the waters unnecessarily. You said "even if you were on dish tv's east arc the dish's aiming paths would be crossed"

Actually, that should read "only if you were on dish tv's east arc the dish's aiming paths would be crossed"

Otherwise, in all 48 states, it the Dish is pointed to 119 the paths will not be crossed in any location for either ES17 or Spaceway3. The only difference will be how much the two dishes will be part in arc. From Post Falls, ES17 is 16 degrees east of 119, and 95 is 31 degrees east.
schmeck
join:2012-12-16
Auburndale, WI

schmeck

I stand corrected thank you, dbirdman
schmeck

schmeck to dbirdman

to dbirdman
which would also explain the obtuse angle that seems so excessive in scottymeads pic for 107. he must be pointed @ spaceway3 95 using a gen4 tria.
schmeck

schmeck to dbirdman

to dbirdman
by the way, qoute me from the correct post. lol
stardust3
join:2012-09-08
united state

stardust3 to scottymead

to scottymead
I would hope both mounts are temporary while waiting for the utilities to mark their lines for a permanent mount. This is the similar to what dish inhouse people do for temp mounts. Otherwise it's not a matter of if, but when you call for service.