uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Reviews:
·TELUS

How to get the Actiontec V2000H?

So I got Telus Optik internet a year ago, and received the Actiontec V1000H.

I hear that Telus has launched (or is going to launch?) the V2000H. Saw "Telus" under the current firmware pdf sheet from Actiontec. (»support.actiontec.com/doc_files/···ions.pdf)
So, is there any way I can upgrade to the V2000H? Description below:
»www.actiontec.com/products/produ···?pid=217
Do I just call Telus customer support and ask them to upgrade it?
And will I incur any costs?
Thanks!
(yay for my first post on DSLreports! )

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
The main difference between the two is that the V2000H supports bonded VDSL. This means using two loops/pairs instead of one in order to deliver greater bandwidth than what is possible with a single line.

There would be no advantage to acquiring such a modem until if/when Telus starts offering bonded VDSL service.

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada
Is this the newest router telus offers?
Also, If I wanted to upgrade, would telus charge me any fees?
(technician visit, router charges, etc).

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
reply to TheMG
They are offering that next year... thats what the current 50mpbs package is on from what ive heard... a few techs i talked to @ telus said loop bonding will be released in January.

Teletech1663

join:2012-12-05
Edmonton, AB
reply to Tornado15550
said by Tornado15550:

So I got Telus Optik internet a year ago, and received the Actiontec V1000H.

I hear that Telus has launched (or is going to launch?) the V2000H. Saw "Telus" under the current firmware pdf sheet from Actiontec. (»support.actiontec.com/doc_files/···ions.pdf)
So, is there any way I can upgrade to the V2000H? Description below:
»www.actiontec.com/products/produ···?pid=217
Do I just call Telus customer support and ask them to upgrade it?
And will I incur any costs?
Thanks!
(yay for my first post on DSLreports! )

No tech is going to give you a V2000H if your not on a bonded loop. Why do you think you need it because it's new and shinny hey?

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to Mindman
said by Mindman:

They are offering that next year... thats what the current 50mpbs package is on from what ive heard... a few techs i talked to @ telus said loop bonding will be released in January.

The 50 package is on single and bonded lines. The single lines are available now and the bonded will be available next year.

The V2000H in fact will probably be a worse unit if what I've seen is correct. It's the SAME hardware as the V1000H, with an extra RJ11 input for bonding. The fact that they use the same hardware to do more work could possibly cause problems in the future.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
said by WhosTheBosch:

The V2000H in fact will probably be a worse unit if what I've seen is correct. It's the SAME hardware as the V1000H, with an extra RJ11 input for bonding. The fact that they use the same hardware to do more work could possibly cause problems in the future.

There's a second core on the BCM6368 SoC that isn't being used on the V1000H, but will be on the V2000H.

That being said, does anyone actually have a V2000H? I was under the impression that they were still being tested out and with not very good results.
--
The more I C, the less I see.