Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TomasHezan

join:2012-12-16
Davenport, IA
reply to Anonymous

Re: [IA] 2 modems randomly restart

I know there's going to be differences, but why would that make a difference suddenly with 2 of them?

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
The 2 modems you tried are not DOCSIS 3 modems. There is an issue with some DOCSIS 2 modems switching channels frequently in some DOCSIS 3 areas.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
said by Anonymous:

The 2 modems you tried are not DOCSIS 3 modems. There is an issue with some DOCSIS 2 modems switching channels frequently in some DOCSIS 3 areas.

I've been told it's unlikely Mediacom will issue me one since I don't have the higher speed tiers that generally warrant it. Is this accurate?
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

mike1965
Geek4rent

join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL
I have been working with Mediacom for over 2 months for this very same issue....I am however using a DOCSIS 3 modem.....they were convinced my SB6120 was defective.....so I got Motorola to replace it under warranty.....now i am using a SB6121......still same issues....and no one can figure it out......also same issues at one of our fire stations across town.....Mediacom Chad has been very helpful.....but there is only so much they can do....I belive it is a system issue of some sort
--
Free computer help »geek4rent.us

Fire Fighter Forum »firetooltrader.com

Southern Illinois Business Directory »www.thesouthernillinoisguide.com