spc
uniqs
TomasHezan
join:2012-12-16
Davenport, IA

TomasHezan to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88

Re: [IA] 2 modems randomly restart

I know there's going to be differences, but why would that make a difference suddenly with 2 of them?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

The 2 modems you tried are not DOCSIS 3 modems. There is an issue with some DOCSIS 2 modems switching channels frequently in some DOCSIS 3 areas.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Thorndale, ON

danawhitaker

Premium Member

said by Anonymous88:

The 2 modems you tried are not DOCSIS 3 modems. There is an issue with some DOCSIS 2 modems switching channels frequently in some DOCSIS 3 areas.

I've been told it's unlikely Mediacom will issue me one since I don't have the higher speed tiers that generally warrant it. Is this accurate?

mike1965
Geek4rent
join:2002-09-23
Marion, IL

mike1965

I have been working with Mediacom for over 2 months for this very same issue....I am however using a DOCSIS 3 modem.....they were convinced my SB6120 was defective.....so I got Motorola to replace it under warranty.....now i am using a SB6121......still same issues....and no one can figure it out......also same issues at one of our fire stations across town.....Mediacom Chad has been very helpful.....but there is only so much they can do....I belive it is a system issue of some sort