nitzguy to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner

Re: R.A. Dickey may be close to being a Blue Jay

said by shaner:

According to this....
»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 6459007/

quote:
The New York Post reports that the Mets would also send catcher Josh Thole and a non-elite prospect to the Jays in exchange for catchers Travis DArnaud and John Buck, right-hander Noah Syndergaard and another non-elite prospect.
That's just way too much to give up. D'Arnaud is one thing, but him AND Syndergaard? Too much.

Bah, prospects are prospects.....unless they can perform at an elite level (Travis Snider anyone?)....we might as well ship them out for the known commodity....I'd ship them out if I knew the other teams in my division were weak and had holes and that the time to strike was now....

I only really see a couple of "holes" left, CF and 1B....Get rid of Rasmus, bring up Gose he can patrol CF....and get rid of Lind and top to bottom the lineup would be crazy scary......

So I'm willing to bet part of the farm...because you never know for sure whats going to happen with these rookies, Syndergaard is still about 3 years away from being ready so we'll see how that works out....

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

LF is Melky Cabrara, he should be fine, he was the all-star MVP. Rasmus in CF should be fine too, he should be an elite player. Plus he's the only one on the team that can hit to level 500.

1st base is questionable if Edwin DH's and Lind can't keep it together.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

And has JoeyBats really recovered from that wrist injury.

As good as the lineup is, it's only as good as Bautista makes it.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Good enough that Joey Bats 19 wanted to play winter ball. Although the team should be strong enough without him. Jays were losing because JP, Brent, Adam, Rasmus were either on the DL or playing hurt.

Clipper
join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON

Clipper to shaner

to shaner
said by shaner:

Edwin was pretty good in Jose's absence last year. It'll be a pretty scary lineup now... Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Edwin, Lind, Rasmus, Lawrie, Arencibia, Izturis.

Bonaficio will be a pretty good super utility man. I can't wait for April to get here.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

As much as we always say "I'm excited for the beginning of next season", this is absolutely the best team on paper arguably since the 93 series winner.

I'm glad that the ownership finally decided to fork out some decent money.