Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jenni4um

join:2012-12-10
Henrietta, NY
reply to aurgathor

Re: [DSL] my DL speed sucks

try using frontier actual speed test site. It is set up to use their servers so its a little more accurate...at least it seems to be to me.
speedtest.frontier.com will get you there, you then pick the location closest to you. Frontier hasn't updated the location list in a while but as long as your in the same general area you should get a good speed test.
Do what I do....do two or three speed test with your computer connected directly to the modem. Take a screen shot of the results with a time stamp. Then call frontier, have them remote in (unless your speed truly is horrible) and show them the screen shots. Have them do a speed test then ask for a ticket to be open to test your lines.
Luckily in all the time i have been with frontier i only had to do this twice but at least with the screen shot nobody could question my issues. Here is their tech support number 1-800-239-4430 incase you want to call them. Hope this helps. Have a good holiday.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
said by jenni4um:

try using frontier actual speed test site. It is set up to use their servers so its a little more accurate...at least it seems to be to me.
speedtest.frontier.com will get you there, you then pick the location closest to you. Frontier hasn't updated the location list in a while but as long as your in the same general area you should get a good speed test.

Well, tried it directly through the modem and their closest site (Everett, city next door) and got 0.54/0.6 Mbps this time.

I think tomorrow I'll try directly at the demarc to see if it's my wiring or theirs. We've had lots of rain lately...
--
Wacky Races 2012!