spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ctasich

join:2012-12-17
Clermont, GA

High-Speed Options for Rural Georgia _ Possibly HomeFusion?

I am currently on a Sprint Unlimited 3g data plan for our home. We usually get about D:900kbs and U: 300kbs when all is working well. However, it's still be unbearable slow (albeit better than dialup). We've been with this service for about 4 years now and there is still no sign of wired high speed in our area. All the new data plans I see now, seem to be quite a scam (especially considering overages). However, we are now looking to upgrade. Verizon apparently offers HomeFusion in our area. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth losing our unlimited Sprint data for $50/mo to upgrade to this?

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
How many GB's do you use a month? It will be close to double the price you pay now to go to Homefusion, and depending on your usage it could end up costing far more. I would go with the recommendation on Howard Forums to do an AOL of someone with a unlimited data plan on their line. Then you can buy a LTE modem or Mifi full price an add it to the line.

ctasich

join:2012-12-17
Clermont, GA
I just looked over our usage history and it appears for the most part we average around 3-7GB/mo and upwards of 9.5GB/mo. Also, it looks like Sprint Wireless has expanded their LTE coverage in our area, but they don't have a setup like HomeFusion. I suppose I can purchase a hotspot, but it appears I'd have to change my plan?

fanman

join:2012-09-30
Winder, GA
reply to ctasich
I live in Winder. Windstream dsl was our only option. They are not any faster than dial up at night. I had homefusion installed one month ago. So far we love it. I signed up for the 20 gig per month and that has worked out this first month. We use it for internet only and no streaming. Average download is 12 mbps and upload is 5 mbps. »www.speedtest.net/result/2381538528.png

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
reply to ctasich
Instead of that i would recommened turning to dsl if avaible it is usally avaible,providers are comcast,century link,frontier,etc if you dont have dsl in your area then get homefusion.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
He said "there is still no sign of wired high speed in our area"......

So, why suggest dsl, comcast, or any other provider you listed?

said by isp10002:

Instead of that i would recommened turning to dsl if avaible it is usally avaible,providers are comcast,century link,frontier,etc if you dont have dsl in your area then get homefusion.