DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2
reply to pandora

Re: What happend to 2.88MB Floppy Disk's

Just give up. You went off on a tangent that had NOTHING to do with the point I made. Media degradation is not the point. If you knew anything of the subject I referred to, you would know that there are requirements for ensuring perpetuity of certain types of historical data. Instead, you want to ignore the fact that you contributed nothing relevant and hope that you can bamboozle everyone else into believing it as well. No. You do not get to do that.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by DC DSL:

Just give up.

No tangent. Just a different point of view. No need to insult anyone. We have no viable long term data storage technology imo for PC's at this time as the hardware the media requires tends to not live longer than 20 years, and the a lot of the media used (particularly burned DVD / CD's ) may not have a shelf life as long as the hardware used to burn it.

Please stop insulting me personally. Thanks.

As to 2.88 mb floppy drives, the expression a day late and a dollar short comes to mind. »idioms.thefreedictionary.com/day···ar+short
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"