BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
reply to EUS

Re: voip.ms Toronto servers

I am a huge fan of the Panasonic KX-TGP55 deskphone + handsets. I don't use ATA's if I can avoid them, the problem is everyone wants to spend the least money possible on the switch to VoIP and ATA's at the cheapest. People seem to like Obi ATA now days.

If you can afford to spend 3-4x more, Panasonic's cordless handsets have standard/easily replaced rechargeable AA batteries and if they aren't physically damaged your phones last forever.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada

I know what you're saying, but I wish to stick with an ATA solution.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

1 recommendation

reply to BliZZardX

said by BliZZardX:

I am a huge fan of the Panasonic KX-TGP55 deskphone + handsets.

$250 for the set, $80 a pop on the handsets.

That's $410+HST out of the box for my deployment. Do you know how much single malt scotch that is?

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Cogeco UBB, No Modem Required - »[Niagara] 40gb of "usage" while the modem is unplugged

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by dillyhammer:

said by BliZZardX:

That's $410+HST out of the box for my deployment. Do you know how much single malt scotch that is?

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Mike

About 2 bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
I have an unopened one here, just waiting for a few friends to drop by......

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

4 edits

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by dillyhammer:

said by BliZZardX:

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Mike

About 2 bottles of Johnnie Walker Blue.
I have an unopened one here, just waiting for a few friends to drop by......

It depends how you use your phones, ah? From my perspective, I'm saving hundreds a month by not paying Bell POT's extortionist LD rates when I call an overseas mobile ($0.025/min to SFR Mobile at CWUS vs. $1.39/min at Bell), so the cost of a real IP phone is dirt cheap.

I have tried quiet a few hardware phones, always purchased through 8774e4voip. If you just need a basic deskphone, I found the snom 710 has the best value/features. If you need cordless handsets for a household I really dig the Panasonic's long term value because they don't have proprietary battery packs and are super easy to replace. The cheapest I see, you can get a TGP500 with 3 TPA50 handsets for $335 with shipping via UPS from 8774e4voip, or $355.50 from "CE Showroom" on Amazon. Can also save about 40 bucks COD if the sellers will ship with USPS instead of UPS ($8 brokerage fee at Canada Post vs $51.20 at UPS).