spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ctasich
join:2012-12-17
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Millenicom Service Area - 4G/LTE

I just signed up for Verizon Wireless HomeFusion 10GB today. It looks like we are in a serviceable area. I have 14 days to cancel (which I may still do that), so I'm looking into my other options. I'd love to be on an unlimited plan with no contract through Millenicom, but per their site we are not serviceable for 4g. The interesting thing is that we are serviceable by both Verizon and Sprint for 4g/LTE. Is it possible that Millenicom can service our house, but their maps are inaccurate? I'd hate to sign a 2-year contract if I didn't need to!
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Use the coverage maps Verizon and Sprint have. That is what Millenicom uses, they don't have their own maps.
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

I have...both of them show that I am in a serviceable area. Millenicom says that I am not. Any idea why this is?

Edit: To be more specific this is what I see when I check coverage:

Basic Plan: HSPA+ No
Advanced 20 GB Plan: Yes
Hotspot Plan: 3G Yes, 4G No
Unlimited Plan: 3G Yes, 4G No
BYOD Plan: Yes
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

misinformed my guess. Use the Verizon and Sprint maps. Sprint 4G/LTE is not likely unless you live in one of the few cities it has rolled out to.
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Just double checked...I'm right in the middle of LTE coverage for both.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Then you have a choice to make.

The only BYOD device you can use on the Sprint Unlimited plan for LTE is a Sierra Wireless Tri-Mode Hotspot ... pricey. There are no Sprint 4G/LTE aircards on the market yet.

Then you have the option with the Millenicom Hotspot plan on Verizon, 4G/LTE with a 20GB cap.
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

I just spoke with Millenicom and they said that although Verizon and Sprint are available to me, it looks like they haven't allowed Millenicom access to their towers in my area? I didn't realized it worked that way.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

I believe you have received bad info. Who did you talk to?
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Justin in Elijay, GA. He was a really nice kid.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

so you called "support" ...sigh
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Hah yes...what's the best approach for getting to the bottom of this one?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

call the billing department tomorrow (West coast time) 1 800 996-1285 and tell them what package you want and how to proceed.
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Okay...I'll try tomorrow and report back. I assume they'll ask for my address to verify coverage? Should I just report that both Verizon and Sprint LTE service my area? Will they need more verification?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

If you show coverage on the carrier maps that is all you need.
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Okay...I'll take a couple of screen shots of my coverage for quick reference. Hopefully, that will suffice.

I assume there's no way to waive equipment fees? Verizon did that for me today, but I guess that's because they're trying to lock me down in a contract.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

No waivers. The plans are as stated on the Millenicom site
ctasich
Clermont, GA

ctasich

Ok good deal. I would assume the 4G/LTE 20GB Verizon plan is good enough for now. We're using around 10GB/mo as it is. If that changes in the future we can probably upgrade devices as we wont be breaking any contracts!