how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TomTor2

@bell.ca
reply to Gone

Re: voip.ms Toronto servers

Not sure why people complain so much on SPA-122. I have one and it has been working perfectly for the last 3 months or so. I have two separate lines on it (both use voip.ms) and no problems at all. What kind of problems do you experience with it, exactly? Maybe a firmware upgrade would help? Also, make sure you configure it exactly as explained on voip.ms wiki, especially the timeout part.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by TomTor2 :

Not sure why people complain so much on SPA-122. I have one and it has been working perfectly for the last 3 months or so. I have two separate lines on it (both use voip.ms) and no problems at all. What kind of problems do you experience with it, exactly? Maybe a firmware upgrade would help? Also, make sure you configure it exactly as explained on voip.ms wiki, especially the timeout part.

Yes, I know what I'm doing and I've had more than one in service that have exhibited identical problems. Always update the firmware. They're pieces of shit, end of story. I am not the only one who feels this way either. Go search the VoIP forum here or through Google and you'll see the complaints are not limited to just me.

Furthermore, if it was an issue on my end, I would have exhibited the same issues with the Obi202. I do not. Therefore, the rest is obvious - avoid the SPA-1x2 series ATAs like black death!

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

1 recommendation

said by Gone:

said by TomTor2 :

Yes, I know what I'm doing and I've had more than one in service that have exhibited identical problems. Always update the firmware. They're pieces of shit, end of story. I am not the only one who feels this way either. Go search the VoIP forum here or through Google and you'll see the complaints are not limited to just me.

Furthermore, if it was an issue on my end, I would have exhibited the same issues with the Obi202. I do not. Therefore, the rest is obvious - avoid the SPA-1x2 series ATAs like black death!

I upped the input current to 2.5A and it's working like a charm

Zacron
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by zacron:

I upped the input current to 2.5A and it's working like a charm

Seriously? Wow.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

Ya, the power supply that comes with it seems to be under current as I slowly upped the current to it with my bench supply until I was able to make it work properly with a typical handset until I finally put a little more than it's rated for.

I don't have a schematic for the thing but to my recolection when I opened it up, it was ok with the changes.

Giver a try, might help BUT some other revisions MIGHT be built differently... so beware of this.

Zacron
--
"Recognize, Realize, and Repent"

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Yeah, it might be worthwhile. If a higher current power adapter resolves all the issues, the SPA-112 really wouldn't be all too bad.