footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to AB

Re: [NFL] Week 15 Games Discussion

said by AB:

Did the Rams intentionally dis Dickerson

The Rams controlled the run pretty well for most of the game, but Peterson ripped off two long (50+ yard) runs that blew up the stat sheet, then added to his totals in garbage time. On the 84 yard TD, the Rams were in some weird sort of pass defense where the defensive line dropped back in coverage and Peterson just said, "Cool!" and blew through the line. Why they would call a D like that on first down is beyond me.

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

said by footballdude:

Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Unless they are Mark Sanchez!!!

With Smith I don't see a way they score 41 against the Pats. Their defense is great but they have to be able to put up points against teams like the Pats, Green Bay, etc. Gutsy call by Harbaugh and the story isn't finish yet. He'll either look like real smart or not so smart.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Yes, he had QB rating of 114 and in an area or football performance player statistic that I personally consider extremely important and one the single biggest predictor of success, yards per passing attempt he was tied with Peyton Manning with the lead in the NFL at 8.0 yards. That's higher than Brady, Brees, Eli, Rodgers, and, well I could go on but you get the picture.

Funny since Kaepernick took over the team has been less successful and have struggled in winning games.

Oh well, time will tell for this year very shortly.