how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jc100

join:2002-04-10
reply to ds7

Re: More power to them

You can't be free but you can compete if you make the content reasonably priced and portable. There's always a segment who will have never bought an item and use the content due to availability. However, there are many who want a legit license, but then realize the cost is a burden. Consider some software might cost several thousand dollars (Adobe, Maya, etc). In terms of movies, DMA frustrates users. Who in their right mind is going to spend the retail price or near retail only to have restrictions on where and how a film is played?

These trolls are simply aggravating their prospective clients and forcing them onto piracy. It's hard to feel sorry for the King that can never have enough gold.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
I believe they are scaring the average Joe from pirating with this crap. The people that know what they're doing aren't who they are after.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
said by bobjohnson:

I believe they are scaring the average Joe from pirating with this crap. The people that know what they're doing aren't who they are after.

For the US, I disagree. Average Joe here knows absolutely nothing about the RIAA/MPAA other than some faint memory of Napster, and knows even less of the ISP's policies in place to deal with them.

Other than a few on this site who express their dismay and horror at copy and paste, most people just don't care one way or the other.