All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

doownek

@bell.ca

Time to Leave voip.ms?

Over the past months, their reliability has gotten worse. While they respond to support cases quickly, about all support can say is to try another server.

It seems they never fix their connections issue. Today, I was starting to get cross connected calls.

I'm looking for a new vendor.

Dee Bee
Premium
join:2005-05-08
North York, ON

If I were you I wouldn't be too sure that Voip.ms is the problem in this case.

When I used to work for a manufacturer we once got calls for and could listen into conversations of the Volkswagen dealer down the street. We were using regular pots.

woodnek

@bell.ca

I'm not sure how this could happen within a TCP environment. Well, actually, I am sure I know how this could happen with TCP addressing. It is 100% a pbx issue and the PBX is hosted by voip.ms. Very different from POTS.

They used to be great a year ago, but they are starting to fall apart. I've done a lot of debugging on this including having 2 ISPs so I can move my traffic and the facts collected are starting to show that their servers are falling apart.

It isn't only 1 site, it is 5 other co-workers seeing the same thing. I have a big 'prepaid' balance with them and now I am trying to get it refunded.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to doownek

MartinM from voip.ms has written a few posts in the VoIP Tech Chat forum and they're kind of a victim of their success, but they're working on addressing the issues. So I'm staying put. I don't use the phone much anyway, and worst-case scenario I can always use my prepaid cellphone as a backup. Of course, if I was running a business, I could be thinking differently.

JugglingRef

join:2013-01-21
reply to doownek

I've been with VoIP.ms quite some time now. I've had 1 problem in the past 6 months.

What is the issue they're having?

IntelQC

@telus.com
reply to doownek

I also have more and more problems with them.
Every day my VOIP adapter device (Dlink, which I used with VOIP.MS for the past 18 months) needs to be rebooted. All of a sudden the device is not registered anymore (and the phone has no dial dial tone) and needs to be rebooted.
A friend of mine (which has a Linksys VOIp adapter) is having similar issues.
I wait for my prepaid credit to go to zero and then I will switch to freephoneline.

barkes991

@184.65.96.x

Within the first week of paying for the SIP script from freephoneline it had a day long outage. Coupled with the fact that it had had outages all throughout December. On top of that, their support is at zero. They never acknowledged the outages on their forums. No apologies, not explanation, no phone support.

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Longueuil, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to IntelQC

said by IntelQC :

Every day my VOIP adapter device (Dlink, which I used with VOIP.MS for the past 18 months) needs to be rebooted. All of a sudden the device is not registered anymore (and the phone has no dial dial tone) and needs to be rebooted.

Sounds more like a defective ATA... Had similar problems with my Linksys PAP2T. Worked ok for a while and then it started doing weird stuff.

I replaced it with a OBi100 a few months ago and now everything works well again.