nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
join:2002-05-31
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

Followup: [Off Topic] Dear Cox Advertising Department

This is a followup to the topic I created back in August about the excessive advertising that cox was mailing to my house which can be seen here: »[Off Topic] Dear Cox Advertising Department.

CoxJimR See Profile Had replied and sent some messages following up on this issue and said action would be taken.

Well, it's now been a few months and the issue is now actually worse. I'm averaging 4-5 items per week, still sometimes multiple on a single day. I tried sending CoxJimR See Profile a followup, but it looks like he is no longer a part of DSLR.

The only good news, they stopped that horrible "Mostest" campaign!
--
This Space for Rent...

DDR329

@cox.net

It is the holiday season so you should expect to see more advertising.

Just to put it in perspective I receive A LOT more from Verizon and Direct TV with Dish Network advertising around the same as Cox.
I normally look through all the mail before I even bring it into the home and toss all the advertisements into the recycle bin so it never even enters the home.

Mail flyer advertisements are a way of the past. Hopefully all companies will look into the amount budgeted for such advertisements and divert money to more eco friendly tactics.

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
reply to nightdesigns

said by nightdesigns:

I tried sending CoxJimR See Profile a followup, but it looks like he is no longer a part of DSLR.

Jim is still around but has been busy with work and family as we all are this time of year.

I will send him an email to let him know about this new thread

CoxJimR
Premium,VIP
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

Thanks bbeesley See Profile and nightdesigns See Profile. I will ask someone to look in on this.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to nightdesigns

I just shred them as soon as i get them, they could lower the cost of internet instead of giving us these ads we dont want or ask for.
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/

jrusling

join:2003-04-27
Mustang, OK

I would rather get the junk mail than the phone calls from 800 Service trying to get me to upgrade, especially when they call more than once. I have set my phone to reject all calls from that number.
--
Jim Rusling
Mustang, OK

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

said by jrusling:

I would rather get the junk mail than the phone calls from 800 Service trying to get me to upgrade, especially when they call more than once. I have set my phone to reject all calls from that number.

I rather get NONE and lower prices, after all off this Marketing that Cox cable is doing is crazy in the Middle Georgia area, they're no Competitors to go against Cox Cable so whats the point?

They have a Monopoly in the Middle Georgia Area IE charging the max for LESS unlike real Competitors that go against another and who has the best Service. the Baby bells Reagan broke up.

Mind you Cox Cable does have good service but at

$17.00 Basic cable
$69.00 Premier Internet even Preferred is up there not that much in price.
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to nightdesigns

Other than the stuff that comes with the bill I hardly get anything in the mail from Cox and only a few emails a month beyond the bill notice. Granted, there's really not much more I could get from Cox.

I've always wondered, we can setup spam filters for email, even at the ISP level; however, the Post Office would never do such a thing as it would basically put them out of business... heh..

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

The argument concerning "spam" filters at the post office level is that the problem takes care of itself. Unlike email, the post office charges for items they handle and deliver.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to 08034016

said by 08034016:

I rather get NONE and lower prices, after all off this Marketing that Cox cable is doing is crazy in the Middle Georgia area, they're no Competitors to go against Cox Cable so whats the point?

They have a Monopoly in the Middle Georgia Area IE charging the max for LESS unlike real Competitors that go against another and who has the best Service. the Baby bells Reagan broke up.

$17.00 Basic cable

Cancel your service and have somebody else in your household take advantage of the current promo offer. I had 4 months left on my contract, just ate the ETF ($40) and got my internet bill reduced to $38 a month for premier, and TV $28 a month for economy.

The promo period lasts for an entire year. I'm not sure how much longer the promotion is. Get the triple play (phone included) so that there is no install fee, and then just cancel the phone a few days later.

I just did all of this last week, I estimate that I am going to save $250 over the next year.

The CATV subscription is going down entirely soon. I've already weened everybody in the house off of the advanced TV service, replacing it with a sickbeard/xbmc setup on all TV's. Sadly we lost the ID channel, but we're doing fine without it. If I found a viable replacement for 24 hour national news feeds, I'd drop it tomorrow.

I showed the cable guy my XBMC setup, and he asked me how to set it up so he could do the same thing. I mentioned how the new version of XBMC coming in a month or so will support full PVR functionality, except cox deliberately makes their service incompatible with it. I explained why and he sounded every bit as annoyed with that as I was. Thank god for sickbeard.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

1 edit

said by Rakeesh:

said by 08034016:

$17.00 Basic cable

Cancel your service and have somebody else in your household take advantage of the current promo offer. I had 4 months left on my contract, just ate the ETF ($40) and got my internet bill reduced to $38 a month for premier, and TV $28 a month for economy.

The promo period lasts for an entire year. I'm not sure how much longer the promotion is. Get the triple play (phone included) so that there is no install fee, and then just cancel the phone a few days later.

I just did all of this last week, I estimate that I am going to save $250 over the next year.

Cox Cable needs STOP the Monopoly China has more Choices. Now DSL in my area is 6 providers.....

I was thinking about going with DSL still checking which is the best deal see i have a Choice unlike now?

COX do to the Economy dont increase prices.if you do i will have to go or contact cox HQ for a promo offer since i cant get a good one.
--

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

said by 08034016:

Cox Cable needs to the the Monopoly China has more Choices. Now DSL in my area is 6 providers.....

I was thinking about going with DSL still checking which is the best deal see i have a Choice unlike now?

COX do to the Economy dont increase prices.if you do i will have to go or contact cox HQ for a promo offer since i cant get a good one.

You don't have to do a contract for this particular promo.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

said by Rakeesh:

said by 08034016:

Cox Cable needs to the the Monopoly China has more Choices. Now DSL in my area is 6 providers.....

You don't have to do a contract for this particular promo.

in your area yeah not here.
--

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
reply to nightdesigns

Hmm...seems my new bill is lower than I thought. Went from 111.91 a month (my contract rate) to 70.34 a month. That's a buck shy of $500 savings over the next year. After the ETF, that's $460, not a bad deal really.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

said by Rakeesh:
Hmm...seems my new bill is lower than I thought. Went from 111.91 a month (my contract rate) to 70.34 a month. That's a buck shy of $500 savings over the next year. After the ETF, that's $460, not a bad deal really.

Congratulates, at-least some are getting special deals.