Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to MovieLover76

Re: $60 for 10GB?!?!

said by MovieLover76:

You really can't compare these fixed LTE deployments to rural areas to what we get in urban and suburban markets.
Obviously people who have access to cable and FiOS aren't going to use fixed LTE. DSL is iffy, it depends on how reliable the line is, copper networks haven't been maintained very well in many parts.

These deployments primarily target areas that may have only one Satelite

Even my gramma on Centurylink 1.5mbps line can blow thru the 60GB cap in a month. A 1.5mbps line can do 16gb a day. Sad, but true, that LTE services are a fail and overpriced, for sure.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
said by Chubbysumo:

Even my gramma on Centurylink 1.5mbps line can blow thru the 60GB cap in a month.

How much does she actually use? Max theoretical data transfer on a connection is irrelevant and usually only serves as an attempt to bolster a weak argument.

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T DSL Service
I have no cable tv at my IL residence ( just outside the chicagoland area) and OTA reception is spotty at best, My retirement age mother watches netflix and she occasionally babysits my nephew on weekends and guess what on a 3.0 mbps line EVERY month since Feb 2012 A T & stinking T has hit me with overages (over the 150GB cap) on DSL so it can easily be done. U verse is not available here and neither is Comcast.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
You are not the grandmother that I was questioning her usage.