dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Airlines now MUST use "all-in-one" pricing.

said by Gone:

They almost always print "As Shown 40,995" across the bottom of the screen or page or whatever in ads like that.

The issue with cars are all the additional fees that get tacked on at purchased. That, in the context of airline fees, is what needs to be dealt with swiftly. It can add $2000-$4000 onto the price of a car depending on the manufacturer.

yea, but i hate the 12 lines of 2 font print at the bottom of the ads (i think they do have to mention that somewhere)...there usually is an asterisk or some fine print of "XLT Turbo shown"...my point is, they shouldn't do it at all...if there is a price there, the picture should match the price shown.

regarding the fees on the cars, i agree...freight and PDI, admin fees, etc...just roll them into the price...Saturn used to do this (or something similar)...i liked that.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

And that was one of the reasons I bought three Saturns over the years. No mind games. No numbers games. No bullshit.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

yea, but i hate the 12 lines of 2 font print at the bottom of the ads (i think they do have to mention that somewhere)...there usually is an asterisk or some fine print of "XLT Turbo shown"...my point is, they shouldn't do it at all...if there is a price there, the picture should match the price shown.

Not only that, it's shown for less than 1 second!!! and even on a HDTV, its impossible to read some of that crap. How is that shit legal?

They all say "nicely equipped for $12,999" when its a base model with plastic hubcaps, manual tranny and no air conditioning.