uniqs
share rss forum feed

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to MartinM

Re: [Voip.ms] Survey / Feedback on restructuring Geo Locations.

I think if you'd be better able to handle emergencies and deal with growth in a more organized fashion, that "super pops" might well be the way to go.

Though I notice that London isn't in the list of POP's that you are considering keeping. Does this mean that you're considering giving up your European foothold?

One other thing I would strongly urge you to consider if a consolidation of POP's is in the cards. Automatic fallover in case a particular POP goes down and one central place for all voicemail for the POP's.

I might well have tried more "POP" testing instead of sticking it out on Montreal2 if it weren't for the fact that I would have to record a VM greeting for every POP I tried.

NefCanuck

gweidenh

join:2002-05-18
Houston, TX
kudos:3
Go with Dallas for your Texas location.

Most Texas ISP traffic is routed through Dallas before it hits the wild wonderful internet.

gerick

join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
kudos:1
said by gweidenh:

Go with Dallas for your Texas location.

Most Texas ISP traffic is routed through Dallas before it hits the wild wonderful internet.

Ditto this. Anytime I check speeds with AT&T, it is always shorter ping time from San Antonio or Austin to Dallas than it is to Houston. I think that there are larger pipes out of Dallas.

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06
reply to NefCanuck
said by NefCanuck:

One other thing I would strongly urge you to consider if a consolidation of POP's is in the cards. Automatic fallover in case a particular POP goes down and one central place for all voicemail for the POP's.

Dittos to this. Even now, when we "server-hop", or when you reroute when a server is down, the voice mail issue becomes a problem. However you do it, the same voice mail accounts need to be accessible from all servers. The same is true for Internal extensions - they should be able to work across servers. And automatic failover would also provide some additional peace of mind.