spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

azmike

join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ
reply to nunya

Re: [Voip.ms] Survey / Feedback on restructuring Geo Locations.

Am actually not in favor of super POPs at all.

• Prefer the flexibility offered by current topology.

• We have a relatively simple script run from cron on our asterisk box that essentially parses "asterisk -rx 'iax2 show registry'" with appropriate delays/retries.

• If necessary, Using Voip.ms API this allows automatic fail over under our control.

• We used to have a great route to Seattle. As of 10/24/12 it's been very "flakey" for lack of a better term. I'm afraid we'll get "load balanced" on to a bad route autonomously.

A couple questions that come to mind if you did implement this.

• Could you provide in advance all possible IP's that will be "SRV'ed" up? Only reason I ask is it would fit our existing firewall policy nicely. Actually switching to IAX from SIP has helped however Voip.ms is not our only provider. SIP/RTP along with a couple other RTP "like things" that we use have made firewalling tricky.

• I'm assuming RTP would still be proxy'ed as it is today?

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·flowroute
·Comcast
said by azmike:

• Could you provide in advance all possible IP's that will be "SRV'ed" up? Only reason I ask is it would fit our existing firewall policy nicely. Actually switching to IAX from SIP has helped however Voip.ms is not our only provider. SIP/RTP along with a couple other RTP "like things" that we use have made firewalling tricky.

• I'm assuming RTP would still be proxy'ed as it is today?

OooO my..... You just reminded me the night mare I went through with CC and their DNS SRV and having to guess the blocks and IP's

I hope that if voip.ms does go that route that they are open to share that information via ticket for their customers.

If not than... I vote No to the DNS SRV idea.
--
[nUll@dcypher ~]$