Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to ZombieBanner

Re: The "Infringement" letter

said by ZombieBanner:

said by Tx:

If you don't mind me asking, i'm curious what's going through your mind... worried? I won't have you say anything to incriminate yourself, that would be stupid but have you looked for a lawyer? If so what's the retainer?

Let us know what you can without giving too much

I'm not worried, the movie they said I've never downloaded or even seen, it must be a false positive. I have a cousin that is a lawyer, and he advised since I haven't done anything, we will fight it and win.

I'm not worried.

If I get a letter, I will reply back that they must be mistaken, and I will see them in civil court. With computer forensic evidence saying that the file in question has never been on any of my 3 computes or NAS drive with affidavits. When the court settles, I will then counter sue for costs involved.

Even if the counter sue fails. I'm more then happy to pay the money to stand up for my rights, and at least be able to use my case as a precedent.

Now if I had actually downloaded the files... well then I might be worried a bit more.

Not saying i don't believe you but i of course have to say it as to avoid scrutiny with what im about to say.

If what you're saying is true, then you're the walking, talking prime example as to why this process is a sham. Case and point. Sadly you have to fight it in court to prove this and you're lucky enough to know someone in the family that's a lawyer.

Not everyone is so lucky

ZombieBanner

join:2012-11-14
Chatham, ON
said by Tx:

Not saying i don't believe you but i of course have to say it as to avoid scrutiny with what im about to say.

If what you're saying is true, then you're the walking, talking prime example as to why this process is a sham. Case and point. Sadly you have to fight it in court to prove this and you're lucky enough to know someone in the family that's a lawyer.

Not everyone is so lucky

Trust me I take no offence, everyone is going to play the I'm innocent card. But in my case its true. My hands are not completely clean when it comes to everything but in this case they are.

said by hm :

ZombieBanner, I'm assuming you're single. But, how would you feel if they wanted to rummage through your kids computers or your spouses computers? After-all this is what the TSI letter states, *ALL* devices associated with the IP.

If you get a chance, ask your lawyer relative about this one over Xmas beer.

I am married, but if my wife would of downloaded this she would of told me, as I said above my hands aren't completely clean, and if I was guilty then I would probably settle out of court, as long as the damages were resonable.

Luckly my wife is away for work at the moment for the above time and date stamp, so unless my dog suddently decided to get really bad taste in movies I think I'm safe.

You can speed as much as you want, but if you get caught you pay the fine.

Thats escatly why if they said all devices, I would get an independent computer forensic statement, and avifidavid.
Yes this is going to cost me some money, but again I have a friend in the industry and would be at a resonable cost to prove my innocence and set a precedence for other people.

Tong

join:2012-12-11
r3t 38x
I wonder if they are going to try to get a judgement again your dog if it is only living being in your house when the "download" occurred. That would be funny

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by Tong:

I wonder if they are going to try to get a judgement again your dog if it is only living being in your house when the "download" occurred. That would be funny

Let's not forget (though you may not of heard of it) some rich woman (i think from Toronto?) died and left her fortune to her dog... could be a good choice.

Tong

join:2012-12-11
r3t 38x
Yeah, I think I read somewhere in USA. With the same company (With the Hurt Locker case) they are trying to serve a person who is dead for years.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
yeah torrentfreak is where i read about this one