SueS
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Macon, MO
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to 29886823

Re: Excellent photo?

I like simple snapshots lots of times, doesn't make them excellent. Just because I like a photo, it doesn't make them excellent. I have already told you I have never made an excellent photo.
What is their about your photos, that seperate them from the millions out there?

Yes I do know what goes into processing, and it is not hard.

Premium
join:2005-03-29
kudos:3

1 edit

You still haven't provided an example of a single 'excellent' image'. I wasn't asking if you had made an excellent photo, I was asking you to cite any image, preferably from our own Gallery. Surely you understood that.

I understand that you may like images but not consider them excellent. Since you do comment positively on some images, even some of mine, what on earth is the point of your comments? Are you considering yourself a kind of teacher that pats students on the head for producing any image at all? I don't understand the purpose of your comments. About the only thing I find thus far in this thread relevant to me are your statements that none of the images I listed are 'excellent', but that some are nice. What seems lacking here might be statements by others re the same images, or others in my Gallery, or, for that matter, any other images in our Gallery by any of our members, as to 'excellent images' found here.

I'm sure that a lot of people here will tell you that processing is difficult, but only if you care about your photos.

SueS
Premium
Macon, MO

It is simple, I wanted to see how others in their opinion, decided when an image is excellent. I provided my idea, and you provided your idea, and they are very different. Your idea is that an ordinary photo can be excellent, and my idea, they need something to make them stand out from the rest. They are opinions and was to be expected. I am not going to go digging through the gallery for an excellent photo.

I do think the NYTimes best photos of the year are excellent, but I don't have a link. I am not stating that a photo must be journalistic to be excellent, these are just an example of some photos I think are. I like many different kinds of photos.

Premium

said by SueS:

I am not going to go digging through the gallery for an excellent photo.

I didn't provide an idea. I provided the images you asked for, and you thus far have not. Do you actually have to go digging through out Gallery to find an excellent photo?

One of the reasons I stay here is to sample the images I see, many of them excellent, and hope I can learn enough to emulate them. I can't imagine why you stay here; it seems to have less to do with photography and more to do with criticism.

SueS
Premium
Macon, MO

Your photos give us an idea of what you think is excellent.

Seems to me that once excellence in photography is reached their is not a lot left to aspire to. I gave a sampling of my idea of excellence in my previous post, and stated some reasons previously that I think make an excellent photo.

I don’t think it is your place to ask someone to leave, but I will check and get back to you.

Premium

said by SueS:

You stated in another thread that you have excellent photos in your gallery. I would still like to know which photos from your gallery fit in your category of excellence. If you read my first post you can see that my standards are pretty high, so I am sure we probably disagree on what we see as excellent.

Soon after the beginning of this thread you specifically asked me to list the photos in my Gallery I considered excellent. I did.
Soon after, I asked you to list any photos anywhere in the Gallery that you considered excellent. As of this moment you've listed nothing, so we have no concrete idea of what on earth you consider excellent, except by literary description. Unfortunately, we're talking photography, not literature.