join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to siljaline

Re: Flaws in Adobe Shockwave

It was always difficult to differentiate the Flash Player from the Shockwave Player when discussing one or the other or one from the other.

Seems to me that in the past they called this "Adobe Shockwave Flash Player".
Now it looks like they more simply & more clearly call it "Adobe Shockwave Player".

At least that is good .

I would think that for the majority who may have it installed, likely a default install from some store-bought computer, they never actually have had the need to use it, so the obvious thing to do, if you don't need it, is to uninstall it.

(As if Flash alone isn't bad enough .)

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
I've just uninstalled Shockwave as it's a trivial application in my case. Until Adobe fixes yet another mess.
CERT is now saying it's apt to downgrading
»www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/546769

Cartel
Premium
join:2006-09-13
Chilliwack, BC
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Shaw
·TELUS
reply to therube
Click for full size
said by therube:

It was always difficult to differentiate the Flash Player from the Shockwave Player when discussing one or the other or one from the other.

Seems to me that in the past they called this "Adobe Shockwave Flash Player".
Now it looks like they more simply & more clearly call it "Adobe Shockwave Player".

At least that is good .

I would think that for the majority who may have it installed, likely a default install from some store-bought computer, they never actually have had the need to use it, so the obvious thing to do, if you don't need it, is to uninstall it.

(As if Flash alone isn't bad enough .)

yep I'm at a loss on this one