Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to va3tng

Premium Member

to va3tng

Re: [Cable] Need an F connector attenuator - K/W

What are your line stats over a period of time, do they fluctuate a lot, are you getting frequent disconnects or reboots? An attenuator as sbrook See Profile will tell you may or may not help your particular situation. Theres no point in dropping the RF levels down making your modem work harder to talk to the CMTS just to satisfy a spec range.

I suggest you use the forum search and look up the attenuator threads of which I'm sure there are one or two that clairify this.

va3tng
Premium Member
join:2011-09-13
Waterloo, ON

va3tng

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by TwiztedZero:

What are your line stats over a period of time, do they fluctuate a lot, are you getting frequent disconnects or reboots?

My line stats since moving the modem have stayed pritty much Downstream CH 1-4 15-16dBmV and Upstream CH 1-4 28-30dBmV.

I moved the modem to see if taking out as much of the coax in the house would help with the Ranging issues (aborts) I have been seeing at lest once a week since Rogers turned on Upstream bonding. I am hopping that its been a bad peace of cable putting some intermitent noise in the line. My setup now should tell me if the problem is inside my house or outside.