uniqs
share rss forum feed

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1

[Voip.ms] unable to log into the customer portal

Anyone else having this issue? It just hangs for me currently.

Adam4
Premium
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA
Yes, hangs for me too after password entry.

Phone service does not seem to be affected.
--
Asterisk - VoIP.ms - CallWithUs - Callcentric - Google Voice - Simonics -IPKall - UKDDI

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
said by Adam4:

Phone service does not seem to be affected.

Well, that's good. Looks like my DID is working fine, too. Could be worse, I guess....

Viper359
Premium
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON
I cannot log in either, but test your line. All day my phone is buggered. Calls are coming through, people can hear me on their end, but, I cannot hear them, at all. Use your cell and test your line.

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
said by Viper359:

I cannot log in either, but test your line. All day my phone is buggered. Calls are coming through, people can hear me on their end, but, I cannot hear them, at all. Use your cell and test your line.

I tested incoming and outgoing calls using my cell phone and both work fine for me.

Adam4
Premium
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA
reply to Viper359
I confirm incoming and outgoing calls working for me just fine. Los Angeles POP.

Viper359
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to crazyk4952
Lucky you guys. I tried changing servers when I could log in, tried doing factory resets, nodda. Can't figure out the issue. My router is working, all the forwards are working. Its driving me nuts. There were times today I picked up to no dial tone. Kept dropping registration. This only started yesterday, now its getting worse. URRRG

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
said by Viper359:

Lucky you guys. I tried changing servers when I could log in, tried doing factory resets, nodda. Can't figure out the issue. My router is working, all the forwards are working. Its driving me nuts. There were times today I picked up to no dial tone. Kept dropping registration. This only started yesterday, now its getting worse. URRRG

How long have you been having this problem? Often times, one way audio problems are caused by a NAT issue.

Viper359
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
The audio aspect, just today, was working fine yesterday. Tried rebooting all equipment, reloading all settings in both my SPA 112, and my cisco router. Checked ping times etc, all within normal.

The delay in someone hearing me on connection, since yesterday, that I have noticed, but the wife was complaining she noted it a day prior. I thought it was in her head, so never bothered to look into it.

Two separate events, or one in the same? I am not sure. Since I cannot get support via the viop.ms website, would love some here if anyone can offer something.

To be honest, I would say the issues started Dec 17, when the Toronto server had its monthly issue, and the same day had an Ontario wide issue with incoming calls. I have a feeling, all this is related.

Weip

join:2010-07-21
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to crazyk4952
Same problem. Now the girlfriend is mad at me because no one can call us, and her grand mother died today. Fuck you voip.ms, seriously.

Viper359
Premium
Scarborough, ON
reply to crazyk4952
Customer portal is working again, at least for me.

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
said by Viper359:

Customer portal is working again, at least for me.

Yeah, it's working for me, too. I wonder if it will end up on the Issue Tracker RSS feed. It seems like issues that are less than 15 min don't end up there for some reason....

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
reply to Viper359
said by Viper359:

The audio aspect, just today, was working fine yesterday. Tried rebooting all equipment, reloading all settings in both my SPA 112, and my cisco router. Checked ping times etc, all within normal.

The delay in someone hearing me on connection, since yesterday, that I have noticed, but the wife was complaining she noted it a day prior. I thought it was in her head, so never bothered to look into it.

Two separate events, or one in the same? I am not sure. Since I cannot get support via the viop.ms website, would love some here if anyone can offer something.

To be honest, I would say the issues started Dec 17, when the Toronto server had its monthly issue, and the same day had an Ontario wide issue with incoming calls. I have a feeling, all this is related.

I was having an issue with the 2-3 second delay before someone would hear my when I first answered an incoming call a while ago. Fortunately, for me, I haven't had to deal with that problem for the last several weeks.

As far as the one way audio issue, voip.ms was having an issue with one of their Canadian inbound providers. They claim the problem was resolved on the 17th, but I wonder if it is related to that.

Viper359
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
I have created a support ticket. It has to be something. I just did a test call from my cell phone to my DID line. On answering, it took 35 seconds before I could speak into my cell and hear it on my DID line. Yet, if I pushed a number key, I heard it immediately.

crazyk4952
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric
said by Viper359:

I have created a support ticket. It has to be something. I just did a test call from my cell phone to my DID line. On answering, it took 35 seconds before I could speak into my cell and hear it on my DID line. Yet, if I pushed a number key, I heard it immediately.

Hopefully, they are able to fix it soon. At least the problem is reproducible, otherwise you are likely to get a response of, "Well, everything looks fine on our end....".

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

As far as the one way audio issue, voip.ms was having an issue with one of their Canadian inbound providers. They claim the problem was resolved on the 17th, but I wonder if it is related to that.

The issue tracker also notes:

Update Dec. 17, 2012, 14:38 EST

The carrier of the Toronto area numbers has requested a deep root cause analysis of the switch vendor whose hardware had an issue today. This investigation of the hardware done by the vendor could take some days. We will update the information as soon as it is received. The carrier of these numbers is treating this issue with the utmost importance, in order to avoid any future disruptions. We sincerely apologize again for any inconvenience caused by the event today.

I'm sure that they are jumping on this.

Viper359
Premium
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 edit
2 days ago is not jumping on it in my world. They are treating this with the utmost importance to prevent future disruptions. Well, lets fix the current one first, then we can talk about future ones.

It could merely be coincidence, but I suspect not, the increase of postings with the issues I describe.

**EDIT**

That being said, I am digging down into my own gear to see if I have a problem somewhere. However, I cannot find one. All my applications are running smoothly. Pings, tracerts, dns servers, everything all appear working. On the hardware side, I see no issues, spikes, delays, etc.

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:4
The issue experienced by ISP Telecom CLEC was indeed a coincidence and is not related with the recent issues experienced by users on the Toronto server.

The data center is having issues with the quality of the bandwidth and we are moving away. There's really not much more to it than that. All customers will receive an email detailing the situation and steps taken to resolve the issue with the Toronto data center. Meanwhile, I would suggest using a different POP.

Regarding the portal, it was unavailable for about 20 minutes, and is not related with Toronto at all and in no away affected the voice servers.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms