how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

lhollow

join:2010-12-02
IL

"promotional rate" expired letter

I'm wondering if others have received this. The "promotional rate" on my phone service is expiring and, based on the prorated amount on my online bill, the cost will be going up to about $49/month.

A couple of things that are annoying about this:

When I was offered phone service about a year ago, I asked and was assured that this was not a promotional rate. I really wouldn't have been surprised if it was, but I was assured it was not.

I looked at the online promotions available, and Mediacom has a 2-year rate on phone service of $14.95 for people adding phone service and "Price includes phone modem rental."

One thing that I assume is coincidental: Also in the mail was an offer for internet and TV from Frontier.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

Re: "promotional rate" expired letter

What have you been paying for phone service?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103
reply to lhollow

lhollow, I will be happy to look into this issue for you. Can you IM me with your account or phone number?

unhap7

join:2008-11-15
reply to lhollow

I had the same thing happen to me.

I was paying like $10 a month for phone service which I just forwarded to my cellphone in order to avoid the modem rental fee -- I cancelled as soon as I saw the price go up but they billed me for the phone service anyway (which is ridiculously expensive)

thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
kudos:1

said by unhap7:

I had the same thing happen to me.

I was paying like $10 a month for phone service which I just forwarded to my cellphone in order to avoid the modem rental fee -- I cancelled as soon as I saw the price go up but they billed me for the phone service anyway (which is ridiculously expensive)

get ready for promo letters in about two months saying you can get phone service from um for as little as $5.. they pulled that with me when i did the same thing, when i called to give the 7 day notice (as per the fine print on the bill) i told them i was porting out to another line on my cell for $10 because my rate was going up, but id stay if they could keep me at the promo rate... no dice. then of course they send out the freakin phone promo letters, even had one guy come to my door tryin to sell me the phone service.

only way mediacom would get me back now is to pay the $300 etf, and gurantie me a $10/month rate for as long as att offers second lines at $10, oh and get rid of that stupid phone modem rental fee.

the only thing i miss is the name caller i.d. but other wise i get all the same features (plus voicemail that mediacom of course started charging for)

lhollow

join:2010-12-02
IL

said by thedragonmas:

get ready for promo letters in about two months saying you can get phone service from um for as little as $5.

It was nice to have the phone "just in case" even though I never needed it. I may have received a fax on it once. My home phone has been a cell line for several years and it works great.