uniqs
share rss forum feed

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to avenison

Re: Sudbury ON - FibreOP FTTH - job fair Thursday 6pm

I received something in the mail last week to the effect that it will be available in my area....when I go to the website it says my address isn't valid....again probably to do with multiple street names in different parts of Sudbury....that were not resolved...unfortunately.

I'll scan it in when I get a chance to and post it here...I forgot to bring it to work tonight...

Other than that I'm excited, I'd be happy to pay $99/month even since I pay $85/month now and get 15/1 DSL and Home phone with Call Display....an extra $30/mth for tv? I'm in.

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada

That'll be around 149.95 for the better 50/30 after 3 months. Just don't forget that

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to nitzguy

Bell's FibeTV isn't selling as much as it could because they force bundle it with internet, which a lot of people dont want Bell's low capped shit...

I would consider it, as the TV quality is a LOT better than Rogers Cable, but not when i have to pay for their sub-par internet
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to Riplin

said by Riplin:

That'll be around 149.95 for the better 50/30 after 3 months. Just don't forget that

Oh crap, I looked at good, which would have given me 20/15 and its $109.95 After the promo...I thought it used to be $99.95 after the promo which I would have been fine with....

50/30 sounds nice though.....funny thing is there's no cap on usage with 50/30, but funny there is with 80/30 and 250/30....I think it has to do with Eastlink playing the same game in town so they're just matching on that aspect....

Riplin

canada

Yep the whole follow the leader let's not distinguish ourselves from the competition doesn't really bode well for them imo.

habskilla

join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB
reply to HiVolt

HiVolt, the internet offered with the TV package is an uncapped 50/30 Mbps connection.

How is that shabby?
--
»speedtest.net/result/2032867059.png

Riplin

canada

link please?

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
reply to habskilla

I think HiVolt was making a general statement for the other 99% territory Bell covers

With the parent company, you can't subscribe to Fibe TV without also subscribing to Fibe internet (max 300GB if you have real fiber, 125GB for everyone else on DSL) and signing a 2 year contract for both

Aliant seem to be borrowing these tactics for their launch in Sudbury

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to habskilla

said by habskilla:

HiVolt, the internet offered with the TV package is an uncapped 50/30 Mbps connection.

How is that shabby?

Not here in Toronto... and we dont have the FTTH you guys have there... just VDSL based FibeTV.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

habskilla

join:2005-09-19
Moncton, NB

That is true, but this thread is about BellAliant FTTH offering in Sudbury. I just don't people reading this thread and think the bundled internet is capped.

That being said, if you upgrade the bundled internet to 80/30, that level is capped.
--
»speedtest.net/result/2032867059.png