share rss forum feed

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to elwoodblues

Re: [NFL] Sanchez Benched, Tebow heading to CFL?

said by elwoodblues:

Well Rex finally manned up and benched Sanchez, but decided to start McElroy instead of Tebow. WTF? You are going to start an unknown against an experienced QB?

"Teabow...an experienced QB." Wow, that's what he is? Thanks! I've watched him in the pros and couldn't figure out what position he was trying to be or play. His game didn't match any known physical skill set in the NFL that I could see.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

said by Blogger:

said by elwoodblues:

Well Rex finally manned up and benched Sanchez, but decided to start McElroy instead of Tebow. WTF? You are going to start an unknown against an experienced QB?

"Teabow...an experienced QB." Wow, that's what he is? Thanks! I've watched him in the pros and couldn't figure out what position he was trying to be or play. His game didn't match any known physical skill set in the NFL that I could see.

A winning record with a previously losing team and a playoff victory. That doesn't count as experience? Would you consider Koepernick experienced?

It's funny that everyone blasted the Broncos last season for running the option offense with Tebow, but this season several NFL teams are doing the same thing. The Skins, Panthers, 49ers, and Bucs have all adopted a variation of the college style offense. I think we'll see more of this in the future. QBs get hurt, there's no getting around it. And many teams fall apart when that happens. But running a college offense means that many young QBs will have a much easier time adjusting to the pro game. Look what happened to the Redskins when RG3 got hurt. Another rookie stepped in and they didn't miss a beat. By running an offense that's easier for young players to pick up, a team gives themselves the option of replacing their QB every four or five years with the latest college phenom instead of trying to build the next Elway/Manning/Brady for the long haul.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan