Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: GPU Fan speed problem.

So how can I change the fan speed per temp, or should I just leave it to the card to decide ?

What would you suggest to stress test a GPU these days? OCCT ?

I have not overclocked yet, no.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

MSI Kombuster
EVGA OC Scanner X
Heaven Unigine
3D Mark
OCCT

All can stress-test a GPU.

Some people even suggest running multiple things at once (a game, 3D Mark, and a movie) for maximum GPU flagellation.

I would let the GPU decide how fast to run the fan. If that doesn't give you peace of mind, then programs like EVGA E-Leet or MSI Afterburner let you load custom fan curves that ramp up the fan by a user-determined percentage based on heat.

I would check the temps inside a real game and not in a synthetic benchmark. If it's running too hot, reset the heat sink and reapply the TIM (odds are they put gobs of it on, and you should use very little).
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Deschain

said by Deschain:

So how can I change the fan speed per temp, or should I just leave it to the card to decide ?

Open up MSI Afterburner and at the bottom of the display next to the fan speed slider click the button that says settings or something like that...it looks like a gear. In that menu, there's a tab to adjust fan speed per temp. Set it how you want it, then select apply. When you close that menu, click the other button that says something like apply user settings.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.