how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HammerofGawd

join:2012-06-30
reply to Yora

Re: Having read feedback on TekSavvy, perhaps I Rogers better

The problem, BIG PROBLEM, I have with TS is that they are NOT the PROVIDER, they are a RESELLER. And both TS and you are relying on Rogers good will to do their part, if they don't for whatever reason, what is your recourse? Example: TS cxs who call Rogers for missing truck rolls are kindly redirected back to TS who cant do anything either AFAIK (can TS reps call the Rogers dispatch? Doubtful). Trouble (eg noise) on the line? Dont call Rogers, you are not a customer of their's.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by HammerofGawd:

The problem, BIG PROBLEM, I have with TS is that they are NOT the PROVIDER, they are a RESELLER. And both TS and you are relying on Rogers good will to do their part, if they don't for whatever reason, what is your recourse? Example: TS cxs who call Rogers for missing truck rolls are kindly redirected back to TS who cant do anything either AFAIK (can TS reps call the Rogers dispatch? Doubtful). Trouble (eg noise) on the line? Dont call Rogers, you are not a customer of their's.

That's where the fine line in the sand is drawn... you're correct on every point.

You're not a rogers customer DO NOT call them. Teksavvy cannot call dispatch, they have no access, so it seems like resellers but they have their own hardware up to the POI. A lot of money invested for "resellers"

That's where the line in the sand is drawn and if it wasn't for the access they do not have then it wouldn't be labeled a reseller. Sadly until this changes they will always appear this way and i don't think it'll ever change. Great prices and bandwidth but do not expect a speedy resolve on technical issues

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to HammerofGawd
said by HammerofGawd:

And both TS and you are relying on Rogers good will to do their part

Not quite true. You're relying on Rogers good will to do their part promptly. And smoothly, I suppose.

But there are both business agreements and CRTC regulations in place to make sure they (eventually) do their part, regardless of good will.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by bt:

said by HammerofGawd:

Not quite true. You're relying on Rogers good will to do their part promptly. And smoothly, I suppose.

But there are both business agreements and CRTC regulations in place to make sure they (eventually) do their part, regardless of good will.

It is true. Not "quite".. Until CRTC does regulate an SLA for support they are no matter how much invested resellers. Even TSI says they "resell" it wholesale.

Don't get me wrong i hate the fact they're labeled resellers i always have with all the money invested in to their hardware, employees etc but it's that support and dispatching issues that set's them back

bt

canada

1 edit
said by Tx:

said by bt:

said by HammerofGawd:

It is true. Not "quite"..

Bull.

The original text implies that you're relying on good will for Rogers to do their part at all. Which is false. There are certainly timeline issues (48 hour turn-around time on responding to, never mind resolving, an email ticket), but that's not quite the same thing. That is still a problem, but not as extreme as what was implied.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by bt:

Bull.

The original text implies that you're relying on good will for Rogers to do their part at all. Which is false. There are certainly timeline issues (48 hour turn-around time on responding to, never mind resolving, an email ticket), but that's not quite the same thing. That is still a problem, but not as extreme as what was implied.

You do know teksavvy even acknowledges this to an extent right?

bt

canada
said by Tx:

Yep, typically with an added "off to the CRTC to get them to follow through", which (eventually) results in Rogers following through to the minimum they're required.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by bt:

said by Tx:

Yep, typically with an added "off to the CRTC to get them to follow through", which (eventually) results in Rogers following through to the minimum they're required.

That still doesn't change the point of which you're arguing. There is no "Yes...but"...

Point is, until something changes, this is how it is.

bt

canada
said by Tx:

That still doesn't change the point of which you're arguing.

That's exactly the point I'm arguing. That Rogers CAN be forced to do things - just not quickly.