said by TheThing:

SWTOR has such a bad rep

and earned every bit of that rep....

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:12

The game, despite a plethora of faults, did some things right. And by right I mean really well. It was a good effort but too little to late. I have fond memories of my short time with it, just like Rift and Age of Conan and every other MMO that has come and gone (or remains in some semblance of what it was).
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

said by Adalicia:

The game, despite a plethora of faults, did some things right.

Namely, not get into a battle of wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:4

Inconceivable!

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Adalicia

I cant disagree with you more. It was bad out of the gate, from concept to implementation, it was bad. Bioware does single player console games great, MMOS.....um, not so much. The only thing it got right was the cinematics.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

Inconceivable!

MWAHAHAHA! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA! MWAHAHA... {thud}

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

The game, despite a plethora of faults, did some things right. And by right I mean really well. It was a good effort but too little to late. I have fond memories of my short time with it, just like Rift and Age of Conan and every other MMO that has come and gone (or remains in some semblance of what it was).

Balance and Progression > Story and Cinematics - who woulda thought?

Pure foolishness in my opinion. Game was dropped at the perfect time between expansions, they copied WoW almost word for word and had potential to keep a lot of WoW's subscriptions, that's where the "did some things right" ends however.

It's one of the largest gaming flops I've seen, keeping their budget in mind.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to Carpie

said by Carpie:

Inconceivable!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
reply to Snuffbox

Balance was my biggest issue. The end game content that existed at launch and what was released not long after was actually enjoyable in my opinion though the standard "not enough to do at launch" argument obviously applied.

I thought questing was the most enjoyable of any MMO I've played, both solo and group, Flash Points and Operations were enjoyable, especially story heavy ones, the three launch Warzones weren't bad but man, that fucking PvP balance. Sweet shit Bioware had no god damn idea what the fuck they were doing. And yeah, the engine that game ran on was a bloody abortion. But, once again, I'll continue to lament over what could have been.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

^ SWTORs so bad, talking about it even kills threads.

Sorry Adalicia, I had to.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE

Nah, I just kill threads. I should quit posting again.