Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to cpsycho

Premium Member

to cpsycho

Re: [Parts Check] nvidia and ati card in the same box

said by cpsycho:

I have been thinking the same thing. I have a AMD HD6850 in my rig running eyefinity and want to my old 7900gtx and run my extra two monitors off of it. 5 monitor setup would be sweet.

Why not two 6850s in Crossfire?

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

Although OT to my topic, what's a good value card on the ATI side?

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by El Quintron:

I've only had it a week, but so far I'm finding the XFX Ultra Overclocked Edition Radeon HD 7770 to be a very good-performing value card in the midrange segment. It's about $150 or so. I'm not playing anything super high end, but it's happily eaten everything I've thrown at it including Crysis (the original) and Diablo III, only ramping up its fan to barely-audible levels during the former and not at all during the latter.

I haven't tried Skyrim but have been meaning to just for giggles. But my old 3 GHz Core 2 Duo would probably make for a bad test as I always heard Skyrim is very CPU sensitive.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

for 1080p, probably a 7870 to drive everything under ultra with perhaps light-to-moderate FSAA/post-processing.

My 7970 drives everything under ultra settings (w/max FSAA/uber-sampling)@ 30-45 FPS at 1440p while driving a secondary 1050p monitor. I'd like to add a second one at some point.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

for 1080p, probably a 7870 to drive everything under ultra with perhaps light-to-moderate FSAA/post-processing.

My 7970 drives everything under ultra settings (w/max FSAA/uber-sampling)@ 30-45 FPS at 1440p while driving a secondary 1050p monitor. I'd like to add a second one at some point.

That's pretty solid.

I was looking at it for bit coin mining, and it performs well there too.