uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to I AM

Re: [Classes] Monk Impressions?

I like Brewmaster and WW just fine. I am sure Arch can talk to the healing aspect. He does pretty well with it. It is all about the player, as it always is. I feel like a Rogue/Druid/Enhancement Shaman all tied together.
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
kudos:1
said by Ginjer:

I am sure Arch can talk to the healing aspect. He does pretty well with it.

I wouldn't call Arch an SME on Mistweaving. He only posts his healing done charts in AV and LFRs. At a glance, one would think, "my oh my, that seafoam green bar is way longer than the other bars on that there Recount he's showing me!" I haven't seen any other posts of Overhealing done (which is just as important as Healing Done) or even chart reports of "Archivis'" healing by spell, who was healed, etc.

Being a good healer isn't only about making a bar bigger but the ability to effectively triage your patients in an optimal healing to mana ratio.

Ok, off the soap box now. Mistweaver, Brewmaster, and Windwalker specs of monk do offer a welcome change from the rest of the arsenal of classes and specs that WoW has to offer but just like any other class/spec, it gets repetitive fast, arguably faster than other classes. The high mobility of the monk is by far the best compared to other classes. If you choose a panda monk, the passive gimmicks of Bouncy (fall damage reduced by half), and Gourmand (double food buffs) should keep you entertained and reconcile any discrepancies in your mind between actually being a panda monk and the Kung Fu Panda.
--
Reading your post made me want to punch a kitten in the jawbone.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
thanks. What kind of weapons do they use/or can equip? Leather, Cloth? I picture a monk being shirtless.

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
Leather armor.

Staves, 1h swords, 1h maces, fist weapons, 1h axes.
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
I've always wanted Bloodfang or Nightstalker armor with a stave!!

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to mettachain
And Roger! However, I don't see many other posters in the forums talking about Mistweavers, hence why I mentioned Arch. It looks as though you are calling him out, so lets see if he can post the charts you requested.

Again, I know nothing about healing and was just offering a reference who has been playing one from start to AV and LFR as you mentioned.
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk) M/G Horde!

mettachain
Goblineer

Azeroth
I'm not expecting anything from Archivis regarding posting additional charts here on the forums. I'm just a random internet pixel monster and he has nothing to prove to me.

Granted, he is really the only one on here who has posted SS of mistweaver healing done but I just wanted to point out that what was posted was extremely pinpointed boasting about topping one chart. Once again though, I'm not expecting anything more or less from Archivis.
--