uniqs
share rss forum feed

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

[Cable] Painfully slow 28/1 mississauga today

Went to bad last night downloading stuff at 3-4 mb per second, wake up today and it's anyone from 15 kbs to 2 mb a sec and speed tests around me are coming up with very high latency and barely hitting 3mbps..

Nothings choking my internet im hardwired in router is off =\

UUUjk

@terago.net
That's normal for Teksavvy. Over subscribed. Every night I have to slow down my download or else my VOIP phone will become off hook. And when you call them they will say everything looks ok on their end. And will ask you to recycle modem power...etc...

Old Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
kudos:33
reply to Optional
Hello,

Would you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so me may help diagnose the issue.

Thanks,
Martin

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 recommendation

reply to UUUjk
said by UUUjk :

That's normal for Teksavvy. Over subscribed. Every night I have to slow down my download or else my VOIP phone will become off hook. And when you call them they will say everything looks ok on their end. And will ask you to recycle modem power...etc...

Actually it's not... Mississauga has one POI (point of interconnection) Between Rogers and TSI. If it was congested, ALL USERS (ever last one) would see slow downs at the same time. They aren't or we would see MASS complaints.

#1 issue for most in the GTA and some other areas of Toronto is LOCAL NODE CONGESTION, this is the ROGERS part of the network, and effects all users. The way around this is ensuring you have a Docsis 3 modem. Although technically D2 modems will work, they tend to run into issues with congestion due to the technology they use.

#2 issue is a poor router. Test the connection without a router connected. MODEM DIRECT TO THE COMPUTER

#3 is poor signal to the modem. Sometimes this causes major issues with speed.

#4 Rogers is having issues with their local network before the POI. Sometimes wires are cut or things are being worked on.

tsicable

@teksavvy.com
reply to Optional
no problem in erin mills area.