how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

CrwoodHermit

@insightbb.com
reply to BahbGTR

Re: [Speed] Slow Speeds in Oldham County, KY

I've been having the same problem too for the past several weeks during peak hours (evenings and weekends.) Works great at 3AM! This seems to be a problem everywhere and not just limited to one ISP or particular area. The older infrastructure cant keep up with the higher bandwidth and traffic demand. Hopefully this is temporary.

BeefyDog

join:2012-12-25
Louisville, KY
Besides email acting flakey (randomly asking for login info, not connecting etc - since Insight decided to use a 3rd party email provider, email service went way downhill), I've got the same problem - ALL streaming hiccups a lot more (YouTube, Internet Radio - SomaFM, Netflix, etc) and all of the sudden. I'm a network engineer and have sent my own test traffic - it's being throttled at the node.
To top it off, my bill went up (somehow I've been on an "intro" rate for 10 years - really?!?!).
I'm convinced this "throttling" is being done on purpose since the Time Warner takeover to encourage us into buying cable TV (for those accounts that just have internet & phone).
Switching providers, for sure (now that real competition has come into town).
I'm in Louisville Metro.