share rss forum feed

KodiacZiller
Premium
join:2008-09-04
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to alien8

Re: PGP, TrueCrypt-encrypted files CRACKED by £300 tool

Encryption keys can be extracted from the RAM of a running machine. In other news, the sky is blue.

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
Indeed, I thought this has long been known to be possible.

Steve
I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Foothill Ranch, CA
kudos:5
said by sivran:

Indeed, I thought this has long been known to be possible.

The news is not that it's possible; the news is that there's a readily-available commercial tool that packages up the smarts required to pull it off for Joe End User.

The Snowman
Premium
join:2007-05-20
kudos:4
reply to KodiacZiller
KodiacZ........be so kind as to explain to the boys and girls what happens to "RAM" once a computer is turned off..............not so sure some of them understand.

TOWIT:

This topic Title is incorrect....PGP..., TrueCrypt IS NOT cracked by the mentioned Tool........other Posters have correctly point this out as well...........
An No this is not at all New.......of course this is not a subject the the average computer user would be "up" on........

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
said by The Snowman:

This topic Title is incorrect....PGP..., TrueCrypt IS NOT cracked by the mentioned Tool........other Posters have correctly point this out as well...........
An No this is not at all New.......of course this is not a subject the the average computer user would be "up" on........

Nor would it be the only TOOL on the market.
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!