spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23
reply to 90115534

Re: nzbs.org accounts and dognzb accounts being sold

People paying for accounts, like this, are just morons.

Seriously why pay or join a nzb site anyway?

Keep up with a predb (orly or predb.me) site for release info or a release blog (sceper.ws, scnrsrc.me, rlslog.net), use a few easy search techniques (easy to find even obscurely named titles), and bingo you got what you want without any dependence on a nzb site that may shutdown and take your money.

chaud
Serious Business

join:2004-07-09
Anderson, SC
Reviews:
·Charter
said by sandman_1:

People mostly pay so that their uh, Linux ISOs, show up automatically in their downloads folder every day and no effort is required.

sandman_1

There are free alternatives for those Linux distros too that require little to no effort.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to chaud
said by chaud:

said by sandman_1:

People mostly pay so that their uh, Linux ISOs, show up automatically in their downloads folder every day and no effort is required.

Surely that's what I'm using mine for!
--
♬ Music is life ♬

chaud
Serious Business

Anderson, SC
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to sandman_1
said by sandman_1:

There are free alternatives for those Linux distros too that require little to no effort.

Most of the alternatives have mislabeled distros or are full of spammy distros. These sites have moderated and filter lists of distros.

sandman_1

Not really, I find them just fine.

chaud
Serious Business

Anderson, SC
Manually finding them isn't a problem, but automated feeds that require no effort are somewhat rare now.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to sandman_1
said by sandman_1:

Keep up with a predb (orly or predb.me) site for release info or a release blog (sceper.ws, scnrsrc.me, rlslog.net), use a few easy search techniques (easy to find even obscurely named titles), and bingo you got what you want without any dependence on a nzb site that may shutdown and take your money.

That mostly works except now to make it harder on the mpaa, filenames are being disguised to make the content of files less obvious. So raw searches don't always pick that stuff up?

sandman_1

Still not a problem and easy to get around. I find releases that are disguised and quickly. NZBClub and Google can do wonders.

@Komal

Binsearch receives DMCA? You mean your provider. They will still show DMCA'd material despite your provider removed it, example UFC 143.

komal

join:2003-02-16
said by sandman_1:

Still not a problem and easy to get around. I find releases that are disguised and quickly. NZBClub and Google can do wonders.

@Komal

Binsearch receives DMCA? You mean your provider. They will still show DMCA'd material despite your provider removed it, example UFC 143.

Nope, Binsearch receives and obeys DMCA requests.

For example, when Newzbin2 and Nzbmatrix went down, I was testing several search engines on my own.

Binsearch didn't have any entries for a couple of movies even though there were many files posted, they only started showing entries for those movies 1-2 months after they had been posted, maybe after takedown requests stopped.

And unfortunately, without a big community, there's no longer any way to easily share information on bad quality rips, incompletes etc. A bunch of smaller communities won't really work that well.

At least we're not back to grabbing headers, because that was fine when servers had 100 day retetion but downloading 1000 days worth of headers is just insane.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
Why is downloading 1000 day worth of headers insane?

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium
join:2003-09-18
Lard
kudos:2
Just for grins and giggles, get all of the headers for a.b.hdtv.german. There should only be around 1.8 billion or so.........
--
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

komal

join:2003-02-16
reply to 90115534
said by 90115534:

Why is downloading 1000 day worth of headers insane?

Well try it.

Then try it for 10 groups.

Then 10 more.

Etc.

sandman_1

reply to komal
Could you give me an example?