Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zirG

join:2012-12-18
Ridgeway, ON
reply to Robrr

Re: RIM Earnings Out, Stock Surges

RIM's stock price has doubled since September. Nice return in 3 months. No, I didn't. But I though about it.

komal

join:2003-02-16

1 edit

said by zirG:

RIM's stock price has doubled since September. Nice return in 3 months. No, I didn't. But I though about it.

Uh, thats a pretty skewed way of looking at things.

You could also say that RIM lost more than half its share value from January to September.

People who had RIM at the beginning of the year have lost money.

The only thing its done in 2012 is go down and up like crazy. Overall its not too far from where it started the year, its about $2 down so far. That is a piss poor return.

zirG

join:2012-12-18
Ridgeway, ON

said by komal:

said by zirG:

Uh, thats a pretty skewed way of looking at things.

You could also say that RIM lost more than half its share value from January to September.

People who had RIM at the beginning of the year have lost money.

The only thing its done in 2012 is go down and up like crazy. Overall its not too far from where it started the year, its about $2 down so far. That is a piss poor return.

Not really. It's all about timing. When things looked bleak in September, anyone who took a risk (thinking RIM would pull through) would have been handsomely rewarded. Like I said, I did think about it but I didn't have the stomach for it.