uniqs
share rss forum feed

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to zrob_12

Re: ASR1002 VLAN

Can you post the relevant config(s) you had on the 3945 that you're trying to transplant over to the ASR1002, zrob_12 See Profile?
Also, was this configured on the inbuilt GE interfaces on the 3945 chassis, or was this an add-on module that you did this
configuration you speak of?

If you're trying to do as I think you are, I agree with nosx See Profile in that the ASR1xxx GE interfaces are LAYER3
interfaces, not layer 2; you can do subinterfaces on them but they will NOT take any "switchport access vlan ..."
or similar commands on them.

Providing this link as well for reference -- »www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml···ook.html

Regards

zrob_12

join:2009-01-17
See below. Gig0/1/0 through Gig0/1/4 belong to VLAN1. Gig0/1/5 through Gig0/1/7 belong to VLAN2. Both VLANs are configured on the add-on module.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1/0
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/1
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/2
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/3
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/4
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/5
switchport access vlan 2
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/6
switchport access vlan 2
no ip address
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1/7
switchport access vlan 2
no ip address
!
interface Vlan1
description $FW_INSIDE$
ip address 192.168.200.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
no ip unreachables
no ip proxy-arp
ip flow ingress
ip virtual-reassembly in
!
interface Vlan2
description $FW_INSIDE$
ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
no ip unreachables
no ip proxy-arp
ip flow ingress
ip nat inside
ip virtual-reassembly in

zrob_12

join:2009-01-17
reply to HELLFIRE
On the ASR1000 router, I have a SPA-8X1GE-V2 installed. From what I have been reading, it looks like I can accomplish a similar setup through dot1q encap sub interfacing? If this is correct, do you have any experience with this?

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1
reply to zrob_12
you're confused.
you've added 'switchports' to your router. your asr1k isn't in the same gimmicky 'everything in a single box' class as the isr/g2. the asr1k is an enterprise edge/sp pop router -- not a switch.

see nosx See Profile's post above. if you want to connect end hosts to this device -- you have to put a switch in place, then move the svi configuration above to tagged subifs on the asr1k.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."