how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AJ102

join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC

Phantom internet usage

My Shaw cable came down in a storm a few days ago and still hasn't been repaired, but I notice on the internet usage report that my internet usage yesterday was 0.13 Gbytes.

Bits leaking out of the snapped-off cable end?

spock

join:2012-07-08

Like you said, I think the little internet robots fell out of the end of the broken drop.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to AJ102

Hey send me your modem MAC and we can check it out on our end, just to see what is happening.
-Shaw_Alex

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
reply to AJ102

How do you get the usage report to show by day?
I only see it for the whole reporting period.
Also, the data is 2 days old, for example, when I click on the detailed usage data, it shows that the usage they have is from the 1st to the 19th.

AJ102

join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC
reply to AJ102

The usage report I see is monthly too, but by coincidence my month just ended, so I can see a single day of use on the report for the month that just started.

joshb
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Calgary, AB
reply to AJ102

I've never seen Shaw's usage tool be any where close to correct... Thank fully I've never had to get into a debate about it with the abuse team.

If your not getting billed extra or bugged by Shaw. I would just ignore it.

Joshb.
--
Middle Age: The time between I don't care and medicare

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB

said by joshb:

I've never seen Shaw's usage tool be any where close to correct... Thank fully I've never had to get into a debate about it with the abuse team.

If your not getting billed extra or bugged by Shaw. I would just ignore it.

Joshb.

Agreed. Pick your battles.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to AJ102

The data in the charts are 2 days back. You can't be seeing data from yesterday. Up until the 19th only.

The Shaw counter, I have only seen it under-report, I haven't seen any verifiable cases where it was reporting more usage than actually happened.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.