how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

[TV] Cable Card and Tuning Adapter

How would one go about getting a cable card and tuning adapter ?

Truck roll ?
get it by mail ?
pick it up ?

and again how much more a month ?

How many Streams can the cable card and tuning adapter do ?

rabeatz

join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL

I pay $2.95 / month for the cablecard. Tuning adapter is included free. You can pick it up at a Brighthouse office, or have a truck roll, but with the truck roll I believe you pay a fee.

rabeatz

Winter Springs, FL
reply to bigdaddy

said by bigdaddy:

How many Streams can the cable card and tuning adapter do ?

Hopefully someone who has an exact answer is able to answer that. I told you what I'm able to achieve with my HDHRPrime but that doesn't mean that's the full limitation of the card and adapter.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to rabeatz

said by rabeatz:

I pay $2.95 / month for the cablecard. Tuning adapter is included free. You can pick it up at a Brighthouse office, or have a truck roll, but with the truck roll I believe you pay a fee.

No...there is no installation charge.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

pronk

join:2011-06-21
Oviedo, FL

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by rabeatz:

No...there is no installation charge.

Do you have to ask for Cable-Card M or whatever or are those issues cleared up? I can't imagine having a system together in the next month, but the more I know...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to bigdaddy

It's not an issue ... you must specify the type of card you need as some devices only work with single stream cards.

rabeatz

Winter Springs, FL

And some only work with M-Cards.. like the HDHomerunPrime

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to bigdaddy

Yep sorry about that...sometimes it runs either way...

CableGuRu

join:2012-03-02
Geneva, FL

BHNTechXpert...any idea off hand which do not support the M's?...I watch over all the ones that come through my office and from what Ive seen is that the M's are backwards compatible and will drop to single if the device does not natively support multi-stream.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to bigdaddy

In theory they are supposed to yes but with cable cards you might as well theory out the window. Just depends on the device...the old style cc enabled televisions would probably be a good example of that. Thankfully they have gone the way of the Dodo bird for the most part replaced by much more useful and advanced devices.