kudos:13
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
·Callcentric
·Anveo

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to jduffy

Re: [General] Which VOIP Services are known to have redundancy?

As I think you're already aware, any internet-based company can suffer a DDoS attack.

Actually, VoIP.ms isn't small. One of their reps said recently they're about to break the 100,000 DIDs barrier. For your consideration, Ooma is not and has never been profitable.

You may be interested to know that Future-Nine has had very little downtime since its inception. Both Future-Nine and Anveo have automatic failover - if one of their PoPs should go down, another will take over.

[I redacted a sentence; see below.]

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo
said by Mango:

Both Anveo and VoIP.ms are private companies so we don't know if they're profitable, but since they don't have the backing of big venture capitalists, I think it is highly likely that they are.

How do you know they do not have the backing of venture capitalists?
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
·Callcentric
·Anveo
said by grand total:

How do you know they do not have the backing of venture capitalists?

Good point - I made an educated guess there. I should have said something like "since the fees they charge are comparable to the rest of the industry, I think it is highly likely that they are [profitable]."

jduffy
Premium
join:2006-08-20
Cincinnati, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Vonage
·net2phone
·Cincinnati Bell
·ooma

1 recommendation

reply to grand total
As far as others being VC backed, I do not know. I have searched and could not find anything. Normally a VC firm will list their "portfolio" on their websites and I was not able to locate any VC firms listing them.
--
Atheists swear there is no Heaven, but pray there isn't a Hell.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by jduffy:

As far as others being VC backed, I do not know. I have searched and could not find anything....

I doubt very much that there is any large-scale VC money for those providers or any others (except Ooma which was old news).

I think that the question was rhetorical.

-----------------------------

The people who put many millions into Ooma have not made any money on their investment, and in many cases lost money.

Among externally funded companies, we have had:

SunRocket: Tragedy
Jeff Pulver's TELLO: Comedy
VoiceStick (which ended life as GEOS): Comedy and Tragedy

-----------------------------

I would [run away hard] from any provider that was VC backed.

You want a company where people are using their OWN money, not someone else's.

Among companies where owners are active participants are FutureNine/CheapVoip, Voip.MS, CallCentric, Anveo, CallWithUs, FlowRoute, etc.