Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
reply to jasonkradiog

Re: New Internet plans coming soon of some type...

Sounds interesting. Hopefully they heard our voices on the low caps and lack of speed choices. My 10 meg grandfathered plan is sufficient because it's not paired with a 50 or a 100 GB cap and for some reason or another, is never throttled despite my heavy downloading.

Looking forward to the announcements. Other ISPs like the Comcast giant have actually increased their caps from what I've heard and in other markets, they've suspended the 250 GB cap.

Now it's been a little while since C1 finally got their D3 network off the ground. More network capacity has been added, other things have been tweaked.. it's time for bigger caps (or no caps) and more, diverse internet plans.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net

I stayed on the grandfathered 10 plan too. Really feel sorry for those new folks stuck on a 5 plan. I don't think I would upgrade to ANY plan with a cap so I don't know why I'm looking forward to their new plan announcements but I guess, like you, I remain hopeful. I do not see any reason for Cable One to institute a cap. The network has never seemed bogged down to me. Maybe other areas are different or they are just being too overly cautious.

I'd agree to pay a bit more for an uncapped 50 or so but I haven't upgraded to one of the $150+ business plans yet. That's too much more than the $53 I'm paying now. Has to be an in-between somewhere.

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to Pashune

said by Pashune:

Now it's been a little while since C1 finally got their D3 network off the ground. More network capacity has been added, other things have been tweaked.. it's time for bigger caps (or no caps) and more, diverse internet plans.

I agree with you 100%. I'm looking forward to what the "New Internet Plans" bring.

mGr

join:2012-07-01
Columbus, MS

Ditto. As I am stuck on the 5m plan. Hoping they would offer some different tiers like before. Instead of this all or nothing bs. Would like to see as far as new tiers: 5m(economy), 15m(standard), 35m(performance) 50m(extreme). Pricing: 25, 45, 55, 70. Can only dream though.

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net

A little more upload would be nice too. Yes, not as important as download but still, with all these new cloud services...

Why are they stuck on 1s and 2s up? Blah. :/