uniqs
share rss forum feed

eeeaddict

join:2010-02-14
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Distributel Cable
reply to swampboy

Re: Time to start shopping for a new isp.

You think a company like bell will care more about your privacy? as a distributel customer I think TSI is the BEST choice if you care about privacy, honestly unless you find a mom and pop wisp I can't think of another company that won't sell you out quickly

Fuzzy285

join:2012-12-12

1 edit

said by eeeaddict:

You think a company like bell will care more about your privacy? as a distributel customer I think TSI is the BEST choice if you care about privacy, honestly unless you find a mom and pop wisp I can't think of another company that won't sell you out quickly

If all subscribers affected by this court motion switched as a consequence it would send a clear message to all the other ISP's about how to conduct themselves in the future. Would it be fair to TSI? Probably not.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to eeeaddict

said by eeeaddict:

You'd be surprised when you have deep pockets. Also don't doubt the bigger guys motives, this could be their opportunity to pounce and show a tiny bit of fight if they too were asked and fought for their customers privacy.

Just imagine if you woke up tomorrow and heard Rogers is denying handing over info to Voltage... I'd be jaw dropped but not surprised honestly. It is after all no a jab at TSI their bigger competition

Ignore court orders for a second... All teksavvy would have to do at this point is lower log retention to show good faith that "we're not going to be abused for easy access to our customers"

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to eeeaddict

said by eeeaddict:

hehe BELL would kill you if they thought they could make money
that is the way i feel...rogers used the fbi early on for its "security" gee wonder who knows about your surfing habits with rogers....

shaw and telus well jsut the same as bell

funny0

join:2010-12-22
reply to Fuzzy285

said by Fuzzy285:

said by eeeaddict:

If all subscribers affected by this court motion switched as a consequence it would send a clear message to all the other ISP's about how to conduct themselves in the future. Would it be fair to TSI? Probably not, but neither is paying $20K for something your neighbour, child, cousin downloaded off your connection.

I think I read somewhere that the 2,300 IP's translated into just short of 1,500 customers; @ $50/month = $900,000/year in lost revenues for TSI. If that were to happen, TSI and other ISP's might start keeping logs for a shorter period of time as a consequence.

na they'd send more trolls to the teksavvy board to try and gain more customers using the tsi did nothing crap

fact is did you ever hear bell , telus, shaw, rogers...ever warn there customers before the fact...NO
they just say gimmie gimmie a few dollars and you can have all da precious