share rss forum feed

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1

HDMI Monitor & Audio

Need an HDMI audio solution. PC does not have analog audio out, only HDMI video & audio.

HDMI monitor with integrated HDMI audio would be ideal. Or analog pass through to sound bar.

Anything out there for this?

Thanks

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4

USB sound card or a TV with HDMI. Unless you have certain specs you're looking for, either of those would be simplest. There are USB speakers as well, that don't require a separate sound card.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Was hoping to be able to use the HDMI for audio rather than USB, and HDTV's are problematic as computer monitors due to overscan.

Many HDTV's have some overscan control but even when turned off still do some amount of overscan.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
reply to NOYB

The few monitors that I've seen/used with built-in speakers, require a analog audio input for the speakers, regardless of the video input type.
--
Google is your Friend

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
Forest Grove, OR

Looking around online that seems to be the case. Have yet to find one that unambiguously declares HDMI audio. They just say built-in speakers. Then in the specs it calls out an audio jack and says audio cable included. That's a red flag to me.

--